• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Takes a lot of COJONES!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

You know what... some of us knew those girls. They bled green and gold as much as the next one of us, and worked their tails off trying to play a sport for USF. None of us were on the inside with Jerry Ann Winters and those ladies. Coach Winters was always cool with me, but I hung around those girls as well and had good relationships. They felt slighted and they did what they had to do. They still bleed green and gold. They couldn't help that there was a communication problem with Coach Winters. Why is it their fault? I love USF as much as the next person, but when there are personal issues that need to be resolved, you resolve them, even if the laundry gets aired out in a public forum. Doesn't mean I dislike USF... People need to remember USF is bigger than the one athletic program or coach. If someone sees Dion at a game in the future, tell her I said, "what's up!" No reason throwing former players under the bus that had a legitimate issue with a coach.

BULLL SHHIIIIIITTTTT!

Everyone has issues with coaches, you deal with it or figure it out.  You don't sue her for a ******** made up racism charge.

She completely ****** a coach's career. 

There was no ground and the court system proved it, the girls settled for penny's and probably cost themselves money.  Winters was cleared of all wrongdoings and the University is lucky she didn't sue for wrongful dismissal, she would have won it easily. 

You probably should have paid attention to the actual court case!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Bully for them!

It took a lot of guts for these ladies to stand up to the system. They made a difference and obviously changed the culture at USF.

As a result we made some wholesale changes that have bettered the University on and off the field.

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

You know what... some of us knew those girls. They bled green and gold as much as the next one of us, and worked their tails off trying to play a sport for USF. None of us were on the inside with Jerry Ann Winters and those ladies. Coach Winters was always cool with me, but I hung around those girls as well and had good relationships. They felt slighted and they did what they had to do. They still bleed green and gold. They couldn't help that there was a communication problem with Coach Winters. Why is it their fault? I love USF as much as the next person, but when there are personal issues that need to be resolved, you resolve them, even if the laundry gets aired out in a public forum. Doesn't mean I dislike USF... People need to remember USF is bigger than the one athletic program or coach. If someone sees Dion at a game in the future, tell her I said, "what's up!" No reason throwing former players under the bus that had a legitimate issue with a coach.

BULLL SHHIIIIIITTTTT!

Everyone has issues with coaches, you deal with it or figure it out.  You don't sue her for a ******** made up racism charge.

There was no ground and the court system proved it, the girls settled for penny's and probably cost themselves money.  Winters was cleared of all wrongdoings and the University is lucky she didn't sue for wrongful dismissal, she would have won it easily. 

How do you know they were made up? Were you there? Let me guess....you probably think racism doesn't exist. LOL!

You do realize that what can be proved in court and what actually happens are usually two different things. Based on all that was printed both white and black players had similar comments regarding Winters and Griffin's apparent disregard for their complaints.

Winter's actions were questionable at best. Thus while I don't believe there was 'institutional racism' as their scumbag lawyer claimed, Winters was clearly not using best practices in how she treated her diverse collection of players. Come on man....she had issues with her white players rooming with her black players, for no other reason other than the color of her skin. Geesh....besides she was a TERRIBLE basketball coach. Griffin deserved to get fired for simply extending her contract!  ::)

• Content Count:  1,412
  • Days Won:  0

BULLL SHHIIIIIITTTTT!

How do you know they were made up? Were you there? Let me guess....you probably think racism doesn't exist. LOL!

You do realize that what can be proved in court and what actually happens are usually two different things. Based on all that was printed both white and black players had similar comments regarding Winters and Griffin's apparent disregard for their complaints.

Winter's actions were questionable at best. Thus while I don't believe there was 'institutional racism' as their scumbag lawyer claimed, Winters was clearly not using best practices in how she treated her diverse collection of players. Come on man....she had issues with her white players rooming with her black players, for no other reason other than the color of her skin. Geesh....besides she was a TERRIBLE basketball coach. Griffin deserved to get fired for simply extending her contract!  ::)

see you have been reading the Trib...

yes I was there, and there was no issues with white girls rooming with black girls... actually know of it occurring with one of the girls who was involved in the lawsuit for 4 years....

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

AD Griffin had to go because he had an improper response to the issue.

It is like a sexual harassment complaint.  Whether or not you believe it, you have to act upon it.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Or just plain ignorance!

http://www.gousfbulls.com//ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=3656741

nice story, and video till you realize....

3 of the Alumni who returned for Alumni Night SUED the University for RACISM!

Why they let them back is beyond me!

What do you think?

keep on punishing the victim

i love it

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

BULLL SHHIIIIIITTTTT!

what were the final figures?

why would usf pay a nickel if they did nothing wrong?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

It is like a sexual harassment complaint.  Whether or not you believe it, you have to act upon it.

I have none of the details of the USF case, but I can say that this kind of thinking has led to the damage of many innocent people and their careers.  The politically correct/victimhood police have turned many good people out.  I worked for a company in Florida, Barnett Bank, in which I saw a number of white men fired simply because a complaint of alleged sexual harassment.  There was no investigation.  It was suspension and then firing.  It got to the point where the talk in the break room would be who the "group" would get rid of next.  Fortunately it was never me, so it's not sour grapes on mybehalf.  It's just an insight into the abuse of harassment/discrimination laws by "victims" and the "legal system".  A company would rather face a wrongful termination (which you can't in Florida - a "right to work" state)  than face allegations of harassment/discrimination.  Therefore, just chop off the head of the intended target of the suit.  It undermines the whole process of attacking real harassment and discrimination when it is allowed to be abused like this.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I have none of the details of the USF case, but I can say that this kind of thinking has led to the damage of many innocent people and their careers.  The politically correct/victimhood police have turned many good people out.  I worked for a company in Florida, Barnett Bank, in which I saw a number of white men fired simply because a complaint of alleged sexual harassment.  There was no investigation.  It was suspension and then firing.  It got to the point where the talk in the break room would be who the "group" would get rid of next.  Fortunately it was never me, so it's not sour grapes on mybehalf.  It's just an insight into the abuse of harassment/discrimination laws by "victims" and the "legal system".  A company would rather face a wrongful termination (which you can't in Florida - a "right to work" state)  than face allegations of harassment/discrimination.  Therefore, just chop off the head of the intended target of the suit.  It undermines the whole process of attacking real harassment and discrimination when it is allowed to be abused like this.

I don't know that I've ever agreed with any post on here more than this one.

Archived