• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Heath should go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

OK, for all the CJL bashers out there, I will start this, Heath and his staff should go.  Unless we can take the MBB team independent so we do not have to be the whipping boys for the Big East, he is not the coach for this level.

We have the most undersized, lease aggressive team in the conference, and honestly I do not think they could beat the UConn Women's team 3-5.

So, if you think CJL should go because we cannot get to the next level, maybe we can save money and pack two coaches on one truck.

give health 12 years and if he doesnt win a thing  let him saty like we let leavitt stay

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Aside from UF, and recently Miami..Fl basketball hasn't produced the best in college on the court. Look at FSU, you would think they could get be a team to look out for. It is tough to recruit, especially when unlike baseball and football..is FL the top places to get basketball talent? How do you expect usf to?

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Miami is an ok example...but FSU is not a very good example... FSU HAS recruited top of the world talent - Al Thornton & Von Wafer comes to mind in the last couple years.  And UF did win a title and recruits well.

We can't really use being in florida as an excuse.  The only excuse we have is that we don't have the money to put into hoops (facilities/coaching/recruiting/etc), and we are a doormat in the toughest conference.  Nothing is really beyond our control, but it is beyond what we can afford right now.  So any success we have in hoops going forward is a testiment to how good a coach Stan really is.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

Not the individual players...they still only made it to the N.I.T right with that team? FSU...

Point is, they have been established with a basketball team and recruiting for awhile and dont have much success. Miami until recently hasnt had much success.

Why do people expect Heath could turn things around in this conference so quick?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,659
  • Days Won:  424

Why do people expect Heath could turn things around in this conference so quick?

I want it now!!!!

Cry-Baby.gif

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Unfortunately USF doesn't seem to have the fan base. There is not enough fans wanting a winning USF basketball program.

I can promise a change if USF averaged 10K fans a game.

Archived