• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Afternoon Drive Time Sports Radio in Tampa

bullwark

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

For those in the Tampa Bay area, afternoon drive time sports radio just got more interesting, ESPN 1040 in Tampa has moved two guys-The Killer Bees from midday to drivetime and yesterday they went guns blazing after the "Big Dog" Duemig.  They called him Duchemeg and mentioned his radio call letter as WDUI, funny stuff.  They cut a 10 to 15 minute promo on the "Big Dog", I find it humorous that Tampa has finally joined the ranks of other metro areas where radio personalties verbally attack each other on the air.  I know that Bubba has or is continuing his verbal barrage on MJ.  The Killer Bees focus their college football on the Canes and Gators, wish they would cover the Bulls more often since they are the hometwon team, however, one of the guys is a Cane grad and the other a Florida grad, so I can see why they would lean the way they do.  Just wanted to let others out there know that an alternative to the "big Dog" exist.  I can't stand the "Big Dog" and his constant played out arguments, the guy has been in need of new material fo years.  As I mentioned before if you are looking for something refreshing to listen to on your way home you may want to give these guys a try, and no I don't work for ESPN 1040.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

For those in the Tampa Bay area, afternoon drive time sports radio just got more interesting, ESPN 1040 in Tampa has moved two guys-The Killer Bees from midday to drivetime and yesterday they went guns blazing after the "Big Dog" Duemig.  They called him Duchemeg and mentioned his radio call letter as WDUI, funny stuff.  They cut a 10 to 15 minute promo on the "Big Dog", I find it humorous that Tampa has finally joined the ranks of other metro areas where radio personalties verbally attack each other on the air.  I know that Bubba has or is continuing his verbal barrage on MJ.  The Killer Bees focus their college football on the Canes and Gators, wish they would cover the Bulls more often since they are the hometwon team, however, one of the guys is a Cane grad and the other a Florida grad, so I can see why they would lean the way they do.  Just wanted to let others out there know that an alternative to the "big Dog" exist.  I can't stand the "Big Dog" and his constant played out arguments, the guy has been in need of new material fo years.  As I mentioned before if you are looking for something refreshing to listen to on your way home you may want to give these guys a try, and no I don't work for ESPN 1040.

I'll definitely be listening now.  ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Sorry, but those two on 1040 are pretty much immature assclowns, IMO.... only good thing they have is access to ESPN interviewees. If I listen to drive time now, it's pretty much limited to JP on 1010...

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Tampa bay drive time sports radio is atrocious

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry, but those two on 1040 are pretty much immature assclowns, IMO.... only good thing they have is access to ESPN interviewees. If I listen to drive time now, it's pretty much limited to JP on 1010...

Yeah and when that stinking Cane grad goes on his rants I just trun the station. its like listening to two 8th graders

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  1,231

Sorry, but those two on 1040 are pretty much immature assclowns, IMO.... only good thing they have is access to ESPN interviewees.

Agree. I started listening to them during the baseball season and found them hard to take. I don't listen to radio sports talk like I used to thanks to XM but I would listen to Duemig before these guys.

• Content Count:  639

Duemig is a douche; especially during baseball season when he demands everyone turn into a Rays fan just b/c they are not sniffing last place for once....doubt he spoke that way 2-3 years ago. JP is fun to listen to, he gets sidetracked on random crap and he's always talking about drinking but entertaining for the most part unless you want serious sports talk, hopefully he doesn't get a DUI anytime soon, haven't listened to the 1040 guys yet

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Duemig is a douche; especially during baseball season when he demands everyone turn into a Rays fan just b/c they are not sniffing last place for once....doubt he spoke that way 2-3 years ago. JP is fun to listen to, he gets sidetracked on random crap and he's always talking about drinking but entertaining for the most part unless you want serious sports talk, hopefully he doesn't get a DUI anytime soon, haven't listened to the 1040 guys yet

Duemig has always demanding everyone in the bay area become rays fans.  His philosophy is you should be a fan of the teams of the city you live in no if and's or buts.  Also yes i have heard him say that about USF as well.   

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

:2cents

Duemig is a angry narcissistic a-hole like MJ and deserves a good ribbing... he was best buds with the old Lightning GM Jay Feaster and reportedly had a big hand in them not resigning Khabibulin and Stillman in lue of keeping Richards. Combine that with his weekly rant about how bad USF Football stinks and its like listening to Smazza for 2 hours on the drive home.

I will be tuning into 1040am, my friend is the host of Lightning Hockey Night on 1040 so I've been meaning to check them out as it has been.

:chair (I hate Duemig)

Archived