• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

new construction on campus?

IHuckItDeep

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,251
  • Days Won:  0

does anyone know what tey are building at those new construction sites that have just been fenced off this semester??.....one is next to the sun dome corral and extends into the parking lot and the other is next to cooper in the empty grass......wondering what they could be doing.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

i've been wondering the same thing...

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Over the break I drove around campus, and they had part of Maple heading south in between cooper and the sundome closed off and it appeared that they were putting down some piping in the ground. My first thought was that they were putting in water piping for the new basketball practice facility. But then I thought that was too far away from the area where the facility is planned to go. So Im with ya'll, I dont know.

• Content Count:  684

there is also a fenced off construction site between the music building and natural sciences... anyone know  what that is?

• Content Count:  937

there is also a fenced off construction site between the music building and natural sciences... anyone know  what that is?

They are breaking ground on the new music/art building on 1/29

• Content Count:  1,757

They are breaking ground on the new music/art building on 1/29

sweet... do we have any renderings of what the building will look like?  is it goin to be right where the Quad is?

• Content Count:  573

most "construction" is not new buildings...

http://www.pplant.usf.edu/projects20081001.htm

This is true but looking at the USF Master Plan map it shows a building in the open space next to Cooper.  The map also shows a future building across the street, possibly connected by a skywalk?  What do you think?

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/Fig%203-3-rev030207(new).pdf

most "construction" is not new buildings...

http://www.pplant.usf.edu/projects20081001.htm

This is true but looking at the USF Master Plan map it shows a building in the open space next to Cooper.  The map also shows a future building across the street, possibly connected by a skywalk?  What do you think?

http://usfweb2.usf.edu/FacilitiesPlan/Campus%20Planning/Fig%203-3-rev030207(new).pdf

Based on the color codes, the building next to Cooper and the parking garage to which it is connected are more than 10 years away... so they would not be fencing off areas yet.  Moreover, plans that far out are known to change.

• Content Count:  16

The construction near the Fine arts building is going to be the New School of Music. Im pretty sure the Art department will take over the current building once the New school of music is completed. I will try to find a picture asap!

Archived