• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CANES now say MARVE can go to USF & UCF

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I was hoping he'd get a waiver and be at UCF, but then again if we change to a more pocket passing offense, with the new OC, Marve might be just what we need.  Our back-ups are duel threat QBs and would not play to the best of their abilities in a pro-style offense.  Should be interesting moving forward here.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

If he had to sit out a year... USF would be the better place for him to go. 

Why?  I hope it's not because your delusional to think Rob Calabrese is going to be a great QB- that kid has more hitches then a trailer, or LD Crow is anything but the overrated passer he was coming out of HS.  The fact is Marve would blow by all those guys on the depth chart, and I think UCF would give him a fresher start.  The starting spot would be set-up in 2010 at USF with only BJ Daniels, and Evan Landi to beat, but there is a lot of critical eyes around here that would critique his every move which he wouldn't get as much in Orlando.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

marve needs to go to a non bcs school

certainly non usf

• Content Count:  677

Why?  I hope it's not because your delusional to think Rob Calabrese is going to be a great QB- that kid has more hitches then a trailer, or LD Crow is anything but the overrated passer he was coming out of HS.  The fact is Marve would blow by all those guys on the depth chart, and I think UCF would give him a fresher start.  The starting spot would be set-up in 2010 at USF with only BJ Daniels, and Evan Landi to beat, but there is a lot of critical eyes around here that would critique his every move which he wouldn't get as much in Orlando.

I don't think either Marve nor Calabrese will be great.. but bottom line is iif he sat out a  year at UCF.. We will either have a 2nd or 3rd year starter in place when he could play.. while grothe would be graduating when he would be eligible for USF.. thus he would be on a much more even playing field  working toward a starters job.   To be honest I think he woulld be ahead going to somewhere else rather than eiither of us.

• Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think either Marve nor Calabrese will be great.. but bottom line is iif he sat out a  year at UCF.. We will either have a 2nd or 3rd year starter in place when he could play.. while grothe would be graduating when he would be eligible for USF.. thus he would be on a much more even playing field  working toward a starters job.   To be honest I think he woulld be ahead going to somewhere else rather than eiither of us.

The flaw in your logic comes from the false assumption that being a two- or three-year starter at UCF in any way actually means a person is any good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

The flaw in your logic comes from the false assumption that being a two- or three-year starter at UCF in any way actually means a person is any good.

it would mean he was good enough to be their best option to fit whatever needs they had at that position for 2 or 3 years ... That's all you can really ask out of any player going into a program.

• Content Count:  1,894

I talked to my friend and former teammate who saw Marve in Tampa...said he was trying to get in here or it sounded like this is where he'll end up but it wasn't 100%.

I don't know ,seems like this might be the best place for him to have a fair competition for a starting spot/even a jump start on it.

• Content Count:  1,741

The RUMOR going around is Marve wanted to go to Florida.  There is some question on who initiated contact but Tebow was thought to be leaving and Marve would be a good replacement.  As you can see, he has had his release for sometime and has yet to find a school.  It might be FL was tampering or would be charged with tampering if he went there.

I think Miami gave into UCF & USF to see just how close his dad wanted him close to home.

Archived