• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

James Green is.........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  557
  • Days Won:  0

.... now a Vol.  >:(

The four star wideout was one of our top commits, but has now changed his mind and told Lane Kiffin he is going to be a vol.

Not good news.

• Content Count:  720

Geeezzz, why would you want to go play for Lane and Monte Kiffin?? Kid's obviously not bright!  LOL

That does suck, but I think if we could stand to lose any recruits right now it would be at WR. Bogan, Love, Hester, Mitchell, Thelier, Bryant, Richarson, and Alcin I think will get us through next season and then hopefully we can bag a star studded WR. I don't know about anyone else, but I believe that Bogan and Love might both play on Sundays and no I don't mean just the BE games scheduled on Sundays... ;)

• Content Count:  573

He has my same initials but thats all we have in common.  I would've never gave a commitment I wouldn't live up to. 

Good luck to JG. Obviously his head coach can smooth talk but can he coach?  I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Kiffin turns out to be a bum head coach.  Wouldn't be the first time that a star coordinator can't be THE man.

• Content Count:  919

I wonder if we are in danger of losing Ricardo Dixon?  Aren't he and James Green best friends?

• Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I wonder if we are in danger of losing Ricardo Dixon?  Aren't he and James Green best friends?

Yeah somebody said on main board its a package deal not good at all if that happens.

Yeah I'll laugh if Kiffin isn't a great coach that will be great for sure :)

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

I saw Lane Kiffen trot his kicker out to attempt a 76 yard field goal attempt a few months ago. . . . . . that's all I need to know about the guy.

Dead serious when I say he will suck out loud.  IMO, Auburn got a better coach in Chizik.

Regarding the players bolting for UT, good luck. . . . . . Not a single player on the Raiders gave a **** when Kiffen was "ousted".

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The Raiders are the worst run organization in pro football.  There is no way to judge the coach of that team.  From what I can tell, Al Davis didn't like that Kiffin wanted to make decisions.  Most of the decisions that Kiffin was allowed to make worked out well for the Raiders.

Therefore, Kiffin really has no track record as a head coach.  And being a head coach in college is remarkably different than an NFL head coach.  Just ask Pete Carroll or Bobby Petrino.  Kiffin is given all the credit for fixing the recruiting at USC.  If he can recruit at USC, he'll be able to recruit at Tennessee.  Monte will have to simplify his defense, but he's one of the best in the NFL at making adjustments.  He'll give college OCs fits with the adjustments he makes.

I've always liked Chizik, but he was a disaster at Iowa State.  It doesn't look like he knows how to put together and run a staff.  I'll put all my money on Kiffin to be more successful.

• Content Count:  1,037

I thought the bowl season was a dead period for recruiting- it was not allowed. CJL needs to recruit hard now that our bowl game is over. He needs to lock up victor marc and ricardo dixon and maybe have another talk with James Green.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think phone calls are allowed right now.  Also, there is a limit on head coach contact with recruits, so the assistant who is primarily responsible for those recruits needs to do what he needs to do to keep those kids.

Archived