• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I am disgusted...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Give Coach Heath time.

I don't understand people who start threads just to *****....

That is what this forum has evolved into.  I am sure there was a time before USF stepped up into a higher level of play that a forum such as this would have been all about praise.  Now, it is just a vile pit of loathing directed towards the underachieving athletic programs at USF.

Hello Kettle, this is pot. You're black. - Phoebe Buffay

USF ... comes across as being poorly planned.

Season ticket holder right?  Haven't you noticed how horribly planned and produced EVERYTHING is at USF?  Look at our commercial.  Just pay attention to the atmosphere at home games, the athletics programming at USF is a joke.  Ask a student about the ticket plan they introduced this year...  Bet you'll hear us give some high marks to that...

It goes beyond athletics too.  Ever notice the disturbing layout of the campus?  My 6 year old cousin could plan a better layout with crayon scribbles.   

I remember USF making the Tourney back in 91’. I was in High School and I remember going to a couple of games where the Sun Dome was basically sold out. We met Georgetown in the 1st round and they had Alonzo Mourning and Mutombo on that team. Needless to say, we did not have that kind of size. We did make the tourney one other time with that team and also got bounced in the 1st round. Shortly thereafter the Seth Greenberg era began and we thought we would see the tourney pretty regularly but we haven’t been invited back since.

Seth Greenberg never took USF to the NCAA tournament.

USF only danced after the 1989-1990 season (when Hakim Shahid was our star) - #15 seed USF lost to #2 seed Arizona... and after the 1991-1992 season (with Radenko Dobras)- #11 seed USF lost to #6 seed Georgetown..

Seth only took USF to the NIT ... 1994-1995 when we won a couple games at home (St Johns, Coppin St) but lost to Marquette, 1999-2000 when we lost at New Mexico in the first round, and 2001-2002 when we lost at Ball State.

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Shortly thereafter the Seth Greenberg era began and we thought we would see the tourney pretty regularly but we haven’t been invited back since.

Seth Greenberg never took USF to the NCAA tournament.

I know, that is what I said in my post.

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Can any of you tell me how the days were when we had a GOOD basketball team?!?!?!

Like I could of sworn we had a good basketball team about a decade ago. 

Didn't we win something like 20 years ago?!?!?!

OMG...

I am so disappointed...

WHEN CAN THIS SCHOOL REPRESENT ITSELF WITH SOME SORT OF IDENTITY?!?!?!

WHEN CAN A COACH PROPERLY LEAD A GROUP OF MEDIOCRE PLAYERS TO PERFORM TO THE BEST OF THEIR ABILITIES TOGETHER?!?!?!

I don't know about some of these "Athletes" at USF, but when I was in school I was PRACTICING ALL THE TIME!!! AND getting BETTER AT MY CRAFT!!!

Its seems like all these kids do now-a-days is disrespect authority and not represent the University with ANY class.

I AM DISGUSTED!!!

go bulls.

READ book.jpg

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I went to USF from '88 to '92.  During those four years we had a pretty good team.  Not great - but good.  I believe they made the NCAA tournament twice and lost in the first round.  Of course they played way above their talent level to get there in the first place.

However, I do remember getting to the Sun Dome early in the morning and standing in long lines to get game tickets and sitting in a packed rockin' Sun Dome for the games.

Ahhh good times....

where have you gone chip conner? 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Heath will get it fixed

• Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I agree our football team and basketball team seem poorly planned and represent this university poorly.  I live out of state and without exception people that I tell to watch our games talk about how thuggish our players look and how horrible our uniforms are.

Last night's bball game was a perfect example. 

From our uniforms: white numbers, white trim and worst of all a white stripe on the a--??  Last year's uniforms were fine.  Why did we change?  I'm beginning to think Under Armor sucks 'cuz our football uniforms look equally as horrible.

To our players: The typical USF player shares several common features:  appallingly excessive tattos, blank look in the eyes, and no fire whatsoever. 

Contrast the way our team looked compared to Vandy's and you have 50% of the reason we got smoked. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I agree our football team and basketball team seem poorly planned and represent this university poorly.  I live out of state and without exception people that I tell to watch our games talk about how thuggish our players look and how horrible our uniforms are.

They comment on how horrible our uniforms are?? Are these people in your Knitting Club?

Archived