• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A message from USF Athletic Director Doug Woolard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

and to answer your question, naw softball and baseball couldnt be on the same field. Beyond the dimensions,they play during the same time so would be impossible.

Not to mention softball has an all clay infield with bases about 60 feet apart, while baseball has a grass infield with bases 90 feet apart.  There is no way this can be done.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

OK so...enough with this talk about the sundome being bad.

ITS A GREAT ARENA!!!

Sure it has no Club seats, and there are some things about it that need to be fixed. 

JUST RENOVATE THE THING AND STOP WASTING OUR TIME!!!

FREAKING COMPLETE THE BOWL INSIDE THE THING...get a REAL HD TV in the MIDDLE OF THE COURT.  GET CLUB SEATS!!! JUST MAKE IT LOOK BETTER!!!

NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!

BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!!! YOU BETTER BUILD THAT NEW BASEBALL STADIUM AND SOFTBALL COMPLEX!!!

THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS HOW THEY ARE TOSSED TO THE SIDE!!!

THIS IS THE PRIORITY LIST FOR BUILDING PROCEDURES:

1. BASEBALL STADIUM

2. SOFTBALL STADIUM

3. BASKETBALL PRACTICE FACILITY

4. ATHLETIC DINNING HALL

5. SUN DOME IMPROVEMENTS

101. ON CAMPUS STADIUM!!!

That is all...

GO BULLS!!!

HOK designed UCF's as well and it cost $52 million. I'm kind of afraid to do this but here's a link to it (don't hurt me).......

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/ot/new-arena-dev.html

Any idea where they'd put it?

The new arena would be built just south of the Sun Dome - in the parking lot - the area on the Master Plan some people (including me) originally thought would be for an OCS.

• Content Count:  4,738

How 'bout we fix up our little league baseball and softball complex we currently have rather than the Dome?!

see Blingstein"s response and change sundome to red mcewan ro how ever it is spelled

The softball team has done pretty well despite the intramural field they play on. They clearly deserve a better field... and will be getting it.

seems like basseball and softball improvement would come at a lower price tag than sundome renovations

• Content Count:  1,390

How 'bout we fix up our little league baseball and softball complex we currently have rather than the Dome?!

see Blingstein"s response and change sundome to red mcewan ro how ever it is spelled

The softball team has done pretty well despite the intramural field they play on. They clearly deserve a better field... and will be getting it.

seems like basseball and softball improvement would come at a lower price tag than sundome renovations

I'm pretty sure the "future stadium" page on gousfbulls has the price tag at $7 or $8 million.

• Content Count:  4,738

HOK designed UCF's as well and it cost $52 million. I'm kind of afraid to do this but here's a link to it (don't hurt me).......

that thing is beautiful

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

The reality is that it may be a better deal to go with a new building than renovating the SunDome..

If its not a major difference I would go with a new arena

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I still can't believe that UCF has an incredible arena it has today.

The Arena was the "hidden jewel" when all the focus was on the football stadium...as the Arena opened up just 6 days prior to the Texas/UCF Stadium opener received very little fan-fare.

Now...in its 2nd year of operations...the Arena is now loaded with concerts (many are by-passing the more expensive and too big Amway/Magic Arena), plus other events like "Light Up UCF", which includes the only outdoor ICE skating rink in Orlando, are bringing in a ton of folks to UCF Campus...many of which had zero reasons to come before.

Here's a photo gallery of UCF's Arena...which includes a lot of shots of the Black & Gold Club Lounge, Suites, Loge Boxes, and club seats (500 of them).

NOTE: If USF is thinking about building a new arena, it has to be the "center piece" of some type of "village" atmosphere that will bring in people BEFORE and keep them AFTER sporting events/concerts.

You don't want to put up a new building with nothing nearby around it (i.e. wouldn't want a giant surface parking lot surrounding it).

Fortunately at UCF today...after basically every concent/sporting events...zillions of folks PACK Tailgaters Sports Bar...located basically 20 steps from the side entrance/exit to the Arena...as the bar (and some of the eateries) help keep people ON CAMPUS and spending $$$$$...and maybe more important, helping them have a great time WITHOUT having to drive anywhere else (i.e. can meet for food/drinks and enjoy a show or a game at the same place.

That's what is helping with the popularity of the Arena on the concert circuit...as more and more folks now prefer to go to shows at the UCF Arena vs driving to the "other side of I-4" downtown and being in an arena not as nice and one with worst seats with zero bars/restaurants located steps from their door.

Photo gallery link of the UCF Arena

http://ucfathletics.cstv.com/view.gal?id=16237

Some still shots:

43339847.jpg

IMG_4457.JPG

ucfstudentsvsnorfolkstady2.jpg

P1050017.JPG

P1050036.JPG

31942772.jpg

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

this is awesome. i wish usf would build an arena that looks like ucf's.

than we can also have cool player intros like ucf does for its players too

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

never fix up old

build new

a dinning hall for football players shouldnt make top 10 list

Archived