• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

A message from USF Athletic Director Doug Woolard

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Days Won:  0

why don't we build a multipurpose facility, retractable roof dome for basketball and football :D

It'd never happen but I think it'd be pretty sweet to have something like the Carrier Dome.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

why don't we build a multipurpose facility, retractable roof dome for basketball and football :D

we have no money

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

It'd never happen but I think it'd be pretty sweet to have something like the Carrier Dome.

40000 empty seats

something  a football programs always wants

• Content Count:  809

personally, I think sun dome renovations need to be done before some of the other projects that are planned. A big renovation would bring more appeal to the Sun Dome for outside sources. I see that Robin Williams is playin the Sun Dome in March, I'm shocked at that honestly.

But the thing I don't know the answer to.....does revenue from non-sport related events (such as concerts) go towards the university or athletics?

I think they should build a practice facility on the north side of the dome in the grassy area where the press, employees and players park for the games. I wonder if they can lobby Adidas or Under Armour for money to help finance it. FSU got Nike to pay for a lot of their $9 million practice facility.

40000 empty seats

something  a football programs always wants

My god you're annoying...

The structure itself smarta#$.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

How 'bout we fix up our little league baseball and softball complex we currently have rather than the Dome?!

see Blingstein"s response and change sundome to red mcewan ro how ever it is spelled

How 'bout we fix up our little league baseball and softball complex we currently have rather than the Dome?!

see Blingstein"s response and change sundome to red mcewan ro how ever it is spelled

The softball team has done pretty well despite the intramural field they play on. They clearly deserve a better field... and will be getting it.

I agree but I think one of the big things hurting baseball attendance is the fact that you have to go sit on temporary metal bleachers at a stadium that lacks any and all fan amenities. Unless you're associated with USF or a baseball nut, how many casual fans are willing to go sit in that "stadium"? At least the Sun Dome looks like an arena and is a somewhat nice place to watch a game.

I'm not sure how much you guys pay attention to college baseball but the stadiums currently being built rival almost ANY spring training park in Florida, while the little league park that I played at is nicer than USF's. (not kidding). Coach Prado is fielding above average teams and signing great recruits with the current facility, imagine what he'd be able to do with something nice?

I realize it'll EVENTUALLY be built, I just struggle to realize why it continues to be put on the back burner (softball included).

• Content Count:  667

The softball team has done pretty well despite the intramural field they play on. They clearly deserve a better field... and will be getting it.

Can softball share the same field as baseball?  I dont know anything about the dimensions of either sport, but that could save money.  Also, we could build a multipurpose stadium that has a track that can serve as the football, track & field, and soccer stadium.  That way, we would only have to build 2 stadiums.  Practice facilities are a bit easier to find room/money for, so I figured we could consolidate the actualy GAMEDAY facilities amongst the sports.

Archived