• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Field Condition for the Bowl

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Do they have an infield cutout they can lay down or will they have to play on the dirt infield???

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I've got a feeling the dirt will be covered up somehow.  I know in the Emerald Bowl in San Fran, the dirt is no existant other than the warning track in some places.

• Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

My guess is that they'll have some carpet laid down over the dirt.  If not, this bowl is more rinky dink than I orignally thought.  The Rays won't use it again for 3 more months and haven't used it since early November.

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

I have been in the trop while it was set up as a football stadium.  Dirt was still there.  I think it was during postseason a few years ago.  I hope they realize lines fade real quick in dirt.  wouldn't be surprised to se it either way.

They will remove the dirt and replace it with field turf. They can't simply lay it down over the dirt because it would be a few inches higher than the surrounding turf.  Remember, under the dirt is simply cement.

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I remember reading before (can't remember where) that it will be all "grass."

• Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

For fun.....they need to bring in the Boise State Turf so our eyes start to burn by halftime.

1khq8pqi.jpg

• Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

For fun.....they need to bring in the Boise State Turf so our eyes start to burn by halftime.

1khq8pqi.jpg

I dont know how they are allowed to wear all blue uniforms even in HD they blend in with the turf

they could probably have people run in an out of the field during a play and not get noticed.

Archived