• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NO WAY you are happy about a showdown with Memphis.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

This post is a joke. 

We are 1 of the 3 Big East teams to be fortunate enough to go bowling for 4 consecutive years.  That tells me that for our last 4 years have been better than 5 other Big East teams. 

Stop the crazy talk now please.  CJL is a great coach, perhaps he just needs to find a better OC but with the money he has to work with he'll be hard pressed to do so.  Maybe he can get a young hot shot that'll jump ship the first chance he gets.  OC's for bigger programs get paid north of 400k and ours gets paid half that.

Bashing CJL is wrong imo.  If he allowed losing seasons than i'd be all aboard but he doesn't.

We are still only 12 years old.  I don't care what anyone says but I'm proud of CJL and the fact that our team has been bowling for every year its been in the Big East.

You really should take off the green and gold colored glasses and look at the situation with a clear mind and sight.  2 - 5 in conference play is totally unaccetable.  Of the other games won 4 were marginal against crappy teams.  2 of the wins were against better programs with a longer history than USF. 

A head coach or an Athletic Director should not accept a conference record like that.  Nor should they accept the level of play in the non conference games.

You can come up with all the excuses you want for keeping Leavitt, but we have reached a level where we need to achieve better and higher than we have the past 2 seasons. 

Sure you make a change like and that is going to take 2 - 3 years, but if we can reach the next level and achieve at that level consistantly the I say "Bah Bye Jim, thank you for you contribution to the USF football program.  You will always be remembered as the father of USF Football."  "We will always "love" you and think fondly back to the days of the trailers and remember the great success we had."

Leavitt definitely needs to go or step down for the good of the program.  If he isn't let go by Woolard then Woolard needs to go.  Someone needs to step up and take the bull by the horns and straighten out the football program.

Money is the problem.  Guys we are not a UofF or FSU, or Miami when it comes to money and it takes Money to be a top contender.  12 year old program and you think we should be in the National hunt.  That is absurd.   Give it 4 or 5 more years and see where we are at both in money (donations) program success. 

money is not a legit excuse. nobody expects to compete on the level of Uf. we do expect to compete with Cincy, UConn ,etc. Our revenues last year were identical to cincy. when we win we have the 2nd largest crowds in the BE. we have the 2nd highest paid HC in the conference. we have 3 of the top 40 HS football programs in the country within an hours drive of campus. nobody has those types of advantages in this conference.

Tell me how easy it is to recruit to upstate Ny, Connecticut, WVU, etc. The Tampa Bay area has a greater population than the entire state of west virginia. it's time to stop with the excuses. we sound like UCF fans. "if we only had this". "if we only had that".

• Content Count:  6,502
  • Days Won:  0

Money is the problem.  Guys we are not a UofF or FSU, or Miami when it comes to money and it takes Money to be a top contender.  12 year old program and you think we should be in the National hunt.   That is absurd.   Give it 4 or 5 more years and see where we are at both in money (donations) program success. 

I never said we should be in the National hunt after 12 years.  But we sure as hell should have been in the BE Championship race the past 2 years.    We were not and I put that on Leavitt.  If he doesn't want to compete for the BE Championship then he needs to go.

Our conference play is almost as bad as Syracuse.  We have sucked hind tit the past 2 years

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Two thoughts.  First, we do not sound like UCF fans....    We are 12 years old.  Only 8 in D 1.  Only 4 in a legit conference.   Our recruiting still is lacking and we are no where near the top 25 in terms of utility depth.  By utility depth, I am talking linemen, special teams, etc.  Those key positions where you don't know guys names, unless they screw up.  We get injuries, and we step down 2 levels...   Even Cinci, WVU, RU, Pitt, have more depth than us.  Give that two more years and we will be in better shape.

Now on to Memphis.  I like the match up.  Maybe a win for us.  Memphis beat us the last time we played.   We are 2 - 1 against them.  They are on a winning streak.  We are on a losing streak.  Should be a decent match up.  Hopefully we will be healthy by then.

Plus we will have lots of fans there.  It will almost be a home game for us.

I am lookng forward to the game.   It is what we earned this year, and it IS A BOWL GAME.   4 years straight....  

You can bet that a lot of fans of other teams wish they were in a bowl game this year, plus the last 3.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Picked to win the Big East by almost every fan and by most sportwriters in the country. Now, a showdown with Memphis in a crap-*** bowl game. CJL has got to go. He served his purpose. We all appreciate him for that fact. Seems like a decent enough guy. Give him some cushy job in the sports dept. Make him AD. Make him prez of USF. But, get rid of him as HC. What a freaking joke and a total letdown embarassment to be playing Memphis in joke bowl game that shouldn't even be played.

I've been saying it for the last two years that CJL will not take this team to where it SHOULD be already in college football. Maybe FINALLY some of you are starting to feel the same way. 

he should go

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Money is the problem.  Guys we are not a UofF or FSU, or Miami when it comes to money and it takes Money to be a top contender.  12 year old program and you think we should be in the National hunt.   That is absurd.   Give it 4 or 5 more years and see where we are at both in money (donations) program success. 

I never said we should be in the National hunt after 12 years.  But we sure as hell should have been in the BE Championship race the past 2 years.     We were not and I put that on Leavitt.  If he doesn't want to compete for the BE Championship then he needs to go.

Our conference play is almost as bad as Syracuse.  We have sucked hind tit the past 2 years

when bullo and me agree

discussion is over

• Content Count:  4,501

Actually we 2-2 with Memphis.

looking forward to the Bowl game and another win for the Bulls.

• Content Count:  4,501

I never said we should be in the National hunt after 12 years.  But we sure as hell should have been in the BE Championship race the past 2 years.     We were not and I put that on Leavitt.  If he doesn't want to compete for the BE Championship then he needs to go.

when bullo and me agree

discussion is over

You had a discussion ?

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Actually we 2-2 with Memphis.

looking forward to the Bowl game and another win for the Bulls.

I am pretty sure when I read the St Pete Times they said 2 - 1 this morning..... With a loss being the last time we played in 03...  I now see on line where we are 2 - 2 via the article on the USF site...

I'll have to re-read that article at home tonight.... 

Archived