• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can't blame it on the refs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry guys, I know the Refs didn't help us out at all. But we can't put this loss on the refs. We had more than enough shots at big plays in the end zone and on drives but yet we just couldn't do anything that we needed to.

This was our game to lose. And we lost it.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

You are both right and wrong.  With a few proper calls by the refs we would have won the game.  Didn't that last non call look like the UConn game last year.  Maybe I have the wrong game but there was a game ending play last year that was a Pass Interference non call.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Rutgers  (twice)

• Content Count:  2,478

You are both right and wrong.  With a few proper calls by the refs we would have won the game.  Didn't that last non call look like the UConn game last year.  Maybe I have the wrong game but there was a game ending play last year that was a Pass Interference non call.

It was Cinci. But not a huge deal.

I see what you are saying but we shot our selves in the foot all night by Grothe over throwing each deep ball

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The refs didn't cost us a game unless you consider that non-call in the end zone a good call.  Otherwise it's first and goal for the Bulls from what? The 7 or so?

But yes, overthrown passes, fumbles and roughing their punter sealed it pretty well.  Tells me how crappy WVU really is. 

Our defense earned their end of a win, can't say the same for any other outfit on the team.

• Content Count:  1,777

I can not really say the refs cost USF the game. USF cost USF the game. The refs did make some bad calls. I completely disagreed with the Murphy pass interference call. The call at the end of the game was tough because TJ initiated the contact.

4 trips to the red zone only 7 points.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

the offensive pass interference call on the WVA interception was ludicrous.

• Content Count:  307

It was Cinci. But not a huge deal.

I see what you are saying but we shot our selves in the foot all night by Grothe over throwing each deep ball

It was Rutgers and Cinn in 2007.

And

Rutgers in 2006.

See the pattern anyone...I dont think the Big East ref's have the endurance to ref a whole game.  Something needs to be done.  They might be on the Jersy and West Virginia state government pay rolls...

• Content Count:  971

Deja vu Cincy from last year.  Does anyone really think we would have gotten a non-call had the situation been reversed?  Every zebra on that field would have thrown their yellow flag with gusto had it been us.  Yeah, that offensive pass interference was a crock.  The biggest bonehead penalty award goes to WR 89's offsides.  Chico, can't you coach them better than that?

the offensive pass interference call on the WVA interception was ludicrous.

The WR pushed the defender in the back - the defender who didn't intercept it. It was clearly pass interference.

The one against Murphy was a bit more ludicrous - that pass was uncatchable.

Archived