• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Can't blame it on the refs

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

USF loss this game.two turnovers in the redzone and too many overthrown passes. also, the ref couldof called offensive pass interference, the reciever seemed to be pushing off.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,502

No you can't blame the refs.  You need to put 100% of the blame for this CRAPPY CONFERENCE play at the top where it belongs.  From Leavitt on down.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Sorry guys, I know the Refs didn't help us out at all. But we can't put this loss on the refs. We had more than enough shots at big plays in the end zone and on drives but yet we just couldn't do anything that we needed to.

This was our game to lose. And we lost it.

usf fans are great with excuses

• Content Count:  1,433

As long as we're going to play football, we are going to have to deal with the ref issue.  There are calls here and there where you think you don't get a fair shake but the interference with the game on the line yesterday really leaves you scratching your head.  Earlier in the game, interference was called by a ref (against us) who was no where near the play.  Yet, nobody throws a flag on a far more blatant and obvious interference at a very critical time.  So I would say the refs could be blamed....we SHOULD have had the ball at the 2 with a 1st down with what I saw on t.v. 

Last year at Rutgers, I would say the refs should have been blamed.  The illegal propulsion forward...right....and then an interference call.  Last year against Cinci....maybe the one where you could give them the benefit of the doubt. 

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy but these guys have not been our friends in close games.  I just hope that SOMEBODY in the Big East office's job is to review the performance of these guys and that they have a system to deal with poor officiating so we can be sure that we are getting a fair shake.

I would also like to see a mechanism that allows ANY call/non-call to be reviewed in the last couple minutes of a game so we can get it right.

• Content Count:  1,433

And I agree that this game was lost by us....2 trips to the red zone with no production is on us....but the 3rd one was only partially on us.  We can't force legitimacy by the refs.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

The comment is accurate - you can't blame it on the refs.

You can still talk about the plays in question without blaming a loss on the refs.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

I've seen enough bad calls against us to the point where I could see an argument for a conspiracy theory.  But that just defies logic.  The Big East brought USF into the fold, not for basketball but for football.  Why would there be any reason for them not to want us to succeed? 

But yet it does appear that way at times.  How many times this year did a flag go down against our opponent and the refs pick it up saying "There was no foul on the play"?  Now, I can't remember once when that happeded when it was thrown against USF.  The Murphy call last night was a perfect example.  I'm sitting here thinking they HAVE to pick that one up.  It was 20 feet over the receivers head.  But, no.  Didn't happen.  And don't get me started on the fumble forward play at Rutgers.  How the he!! does anyone read intent from a replay?  Will never, ever figure that one out.

• Content Count:  645

the offensive pass interference call on the WVA interception was ludicrous.

The WR pushed the defender in the back - the defender who didn't intercept it.  It was clearly pass interference.

The one against Murphy was a bit more ludicrous - that pass was uncatchable.

Watch the replay of that one again Jim.  The one defender pushed our receiver into the other defender creating the interference.  Now I agree that you can't blame the refs for this loss, but that was the incorrect call IMO.

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

The refs missed BIG on not calling a late hit on us when McKenzie and I believe Allen slammed White down about 8 yards out of bounds.

We screwed ourselves in this game.  That makes it three years in a row in which the team that had more yardage lost the game in this series.

Archived