• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2010 home schedule stinks

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

Too many of our fans want us to compete for those recruits with UF and FSU but those schools have 80k plus or more to see them play 1AAs

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

Too many of our fans want us to compete for those recruits with UF and FSU but those schools have 80k plus or more to see them play 1AAs

most of those fans only show up till halftime, then leave because it's too hot.  also, their stadium is on campus, which makes it convenient for those in dorms just to walk down and leave.  if their stadium was far off campus like ours is, they wouldnt show up.

also, those schools have a history of winning in their conference.  they are always in contention for the conference title.  we have more of a history of being big time chokers when conference play rolls around.  because of this, we lose a lot of our casual fan base by the time the season ends (because by then, we're destined for some random non BCS bowl game)

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I know many have said how hard and exciting our 2010 schedule will be with trips to um and uf, but our home schedule really is going to stink. 

Sept. 4    STONY BROOK

Sept. 25  WESTERN KENTUCKY 

Oct. 2     FLORIDA ATLANTIC

THE VAST MAJORITY OF BOWL GANES ARER MEANINGLESS

KIDS CAN USE EXTERA TIME OFF TO REST AND STUDY WHICH WILL HELP THEM BE BETTER PLAYERS THE FOLLOWING YEAR

Its called smart scheduling.

Since USF has never won more than 4 Big East Conference games in a single year, USF needs 3 "sure" non-conf W's to make sure the team goes bowling each season (7-5 team is a lock at a bowl, while a 6-6 team like UL last year might be stuck at home for the holidays).

it kinda makes you wonder how meaningless bowl games are nowadays.

Bowls are far from meaningless.

Most Coaches have bonus clauses in their contract that will pay them $$$$$ just for going to one and usually even more $$$$ for winning one.

Plus, it gives the team 3-4 extra weeks worth of practice...where usually the first 10 days or so is spent with the Scout team actually getting a chance to run their OWN school's play (vs always running the opposing team's schemes) which gives them a leg up on Spring Practice plus a chance for the position coaches to work with them (most position coaches don't get much chance to work with scout/redshirt players during the season).

Then...the final 5-10 days of practice...game plans for a "normal" game are then implemented.

Also, 68 coaches can hit the speaking/golf circuit in the Spring/early summer about going to a bowl game...while 34 of them can talk about a bowl win on national tv (well, games on NFL Network has the most limited bowl game coverage).

More $$$ are raised...as when a team doesn't go bowling, like Michigan, just ended their 33 straight bowl season streak...it hurts the fundraising that goes on during the off-season.

Bowls might be worthless to casual fans...but bowls to ESPN and to all the teams playing in them are VERY important for a variety of reasons (usually involving $$$).

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

When our fans start showing up no matter what the opponent is and to see the Bulls thats when we start expecting BETTER bowl deals and better recruits to want to come to USF.

BULLS NEED TO PUT A WATCHABLE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD

than the fans will come

the hocus pocus offesne usf runs is a turn off to sophisticated florida fans and nation fans like myself

• Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

I am not going to argue that we need better playcalling on offense and hopefully that will be addressed after this year.

But putting bad offensive performances on the field havent stopped Michigan, tenn and Auburn fans fronm showing in large numbers. and thats who we are competing for recruits. So tell me if you are a recruit and can go play in front of 100k fans rooting you on ,no matter what the record or before fairweather fans at USf where only 26k fans will show up if you struggle.

Yeah I think thats good for recruits.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I know many have said how hard and exciting our 2010 schedule will be with trips to um and uf, but our home schedule really is going to stink. 

Sept. 4    STONY BROOK

Throw in conference teams, rutgers, uconn, syracuse and pitt, and the only nice thing about the 2010 schedule is we have 7 home games that year.   I don't see any real home games that will spark interest in the casual fan dept.  Who knows maybe pitt will continue to improve, but I don't see the other 3 being much more then they already are.  SU will get better, but doubt they will makes huge strides in terms of national rankings in 2 years.

Could be a record amount of games attended for a lot of fans that year if they go to um and uf.   My record is 9 in a season, so I plan on that record being broken with a planned trip to wvu or ul that year.     

• Content Count:  75

Sept. 4    STONY BROOK

Its called smart scheduling.

Since USF has never won more than 4 Big East Conference games in a single year, USF needs 3 "sure" non-conf W's to make sure the team goes bowling each season (7-5 team is a lock at a bowl, while a 6-6 team like UL last year might be stuck at home for the holidays).

If USF grabs at least 3 non-conf W's in 2010...then if USF does what it normal does (win 4 conf games...as they did from 2005-2007), USF is guaranteed to go bowling.

Plus, with weak non-conf home games...less traffic and more leg room for diehard fans to worry about so pluses for them too.

• Content Count:  75

Best part of the schedule is 7 Home Games  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

As long as that song is played  ;D

We have built our base the past two seasons, curious as to the response. Each year we will have more BULL fans.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  329

It's a good thing that Western Kentucky is a FBS otherwise, the bulls would have to win 7 games just to be bowl eligible. Do they plan on joining a conference anytime soon (they're currently independent like Notre Dame, Army & Navy)

...I hope they bring their mascot to that game

Archived