• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holy Fair Weather Fans Batman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

I think that 12,500 students out of 45,000 can find time for 6 days out of an academic year to support their football team.  They managed to do it last year for the WVU game.  The rest of the stadium was filled that night as well, but now the stadium is desolate game after game.

Although I agree that we should always be able to fill the student section.  How many of those students are on the Tampa Campus?  How many are undergrads (Grad students would have difficult time with Sunday Night Games)?  Also how many live on campus or around it?  Maybe 20,000?  Just a thought

excuses are gay.  40,000+ students

12,501 seats

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760

STUDY!?!!?

Garabage excuse; there are 6 other days of the week to study. I know i dont study for more than one day a week anyway  ;D

• Content Count:  3

People have to study.  I don't blame them.  Academics first.  You are there to study and get and education, not watch a 1-5 Big East team destined for the St. Petersburg Bowl.  If you can make the time, get there; but I don't blame you for not attending if you've got other priorities.

Study hard and get good grades.  When the semester is over and you're on break, head down to the Trop and watch the Bulls finish off a forgettable year.

Are you kidding me?  Taking 4 hours out of your week to go support your team and the best you got is people have to study.  You're an idi.....oh I got it, go ahead and study you seem to need to spend your entire spare time hitting the books.

I can understand the local Tampa fans not coming out when the Bulls are sucking, its a fair weather fan city, just look at the history of the Bucs, Bolts and Rays, their stadiums had more fans from the opposing team than the home team until they started to win...rant rant rant...anyway there is no reason for the student section not to be filled.

I'll keep wearing my Green and Gold no matter how bad they play.  Go Bulls

• Content Count:  5,241

We're gonna have to cut back on the student seats, but I doubt the non-student fans will fill those seats either.

Better win past september next year and keep growing the fan base

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Fair-weather is probably a bad description because most who don't come to the game are still Bulls fans. Fair-weather indicates they have jumped ship to root for another team , although now I think about it, that's probably happening alot too. It is sad, but, and this is no excuse, this is a transient area, and most fans have brought a love from another area down here. I can understand not building a fan base if you have never had a winner, but in this area, even if you have been before, if you are not a winner now you don't get the local support.

I have been here since before the Bucs were good, have been a season ticket holder for the Lightning win they were coming in last every year, and of course been to countless Rays games while they are losing 100 a season. All those times you could get tickets for free more often than not.

With a little success all that changes. Remember when the waiting list for the bucs season tickets was 47000 long? The disgusting thing is unlike most other areas, when a loser becomes a winner, everyone follow, when that winner becomes a loser, everyone jumps. In other areas of the country that doesn't happen.

So I can understand why it takes people a while to jump pn the bandwagon, but I cannot understand why people jump off so fast. Winless or undefeated the team you follow should be your team.

OK I'm done

cophbulls

FU-SM

• Content Count:  5,245
  • Days Won:  2

If you win they will come...

hence why they are not coming. 

bingo.

i'm tired of people blaming everybody but the coaches and players for our disappointing season.

it is not the students, it is not the fans, it is not the fact that we aren't "Respect-A-Bull" enough, it is not the Big Yeast refs nor the failure of the athletic department to market our games properly that have caused our downward spiral on the field.

the accountability falls squarely on the coaches and players--- moreso the coaches, as the lack of discipline, preparation and emotional investment amongst our players are the hallmarks of inadequate coaching.

enough with these scapegoat threads.

• Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

bingo.

i'm tired of people blaming everybody but the coaches and players for our disappointing season.

it is not the students, it is not the fans, it is not the fact that we aren't "Respect-A-Bull" enough, it is not the Big Yeast refs nor the failure of the athletic department to market our games properly that have caused our downward spiral on the field.

the accountability falls squarely on the coaches and players--- moreso the coaches, as the lack of discipline, preparation and emotional investment amongst our players are the hallmarks of inadequate coaching.

enough with these scapegoat threads.

• Content Count:  1,757

Just one more reason South Endzone OWNS the northside.  The bandwagon kids can't hang when the going gets tough... pansies.  I don't care if the Bulls are 0-11, the only thing that excuses a missed game is a sick kid or an inconsiderately scheduled wedding.  P*ss poor.

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Just one more reason South Endzone OWNS the northside.  The bandwagon kids can't hang when the going gets tough... pansies.  I don't care if the Bulls are 0-11, the only thing that excuses a missed game is a sick kid or an inconsiderately scheduled wedding.  P*ss poor.

Archived