• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Holy Fair Weather Fans Batman

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  1

It's unbelievable how fair weather my fellow undergrad students are here.  It is just so disappointing.  The attendance has been plummeting game after game.

A good measure of demand for student tickets is the amount of guest tickets they allow us to purchase.  When we have a big game and are winning you cannot get a guest ticket to save your life and if you can it is limited to only 1.  However, currently there is an ad on gousfbulls.com telling students that they can buy up to 8 guest tickets!  8!

A while back someone on here was greek bashing, but win or lose myself and my fraternity brothers are at every game supporting our bulls and I personally, have done so since 2005; the same can be said for the other fraternities and sororities as well.

It is so sad to see red seats all throughout the stadium, and not just the student section, just because we aren't smoking everyone.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I still believe the games need to be marketed better around campus. I overheard someone in class yesterday say, "We have a game on Sunday?". I think we need tables set up all week for people to sign up for game tickets. It shouldn't be this way but until we start building a tradition something else has to be done.

I'm with you all the way there but, as I said, it's not just the student section.  Last game reminded me of Christmas with all the green and red with all the empty seats throughout the entire stadium.  The 300 level was a ghost town.

• Content Count:  667
  • Days Won:  0

People have to study.  I don't blame them.  Academics first.  You are there to study and get and education, not watch a 1-5 Big East team destined for the St. Petersburg Bowl.  If you can make the time, get there; but I don't blame you for not attending if you've got other priorities.

Study hard and get good grades.  When the semester is over and you're on break, head down to the Trop and watch the Bulls finish off a forgettable year.

I think that 12,500 students out of 45,000 can find time for 6 days out of an academic year to support their football team.  They managed to do it last year for the WVU game.  The rest of the stadium was filled that night as well, but now the stadium is desolate game after game.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I still believe the games need to be marketed better around campus.

You're kidding right?

The entire home schedule and dates for request periods have been on the student ticket page all season, so all the students who requested for the Kansas game would have seen the rest of the schedule.

Tebow is very correct in his statment regarding the students.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

I still believe the games need to be marketed better around campus.

You're kidding right?

The entire home schedule and dates for request periods have been on the student ticket page all season, so all the students who requested for the Kansas game would have seen the rest of the schedule.

Tebow is very correct in his statment regarding the students.

True- but the student section still wasn't full.

I want the section packed just as much as everyone else.

• Content Count:  2,567

I think that 12,500 students out of 45,000 can find time for 6 days out of an academic year to support their football team.  They managed to do it last year for the WVU game.  The rest of the stadium was filled that night as well, but now the stadium is desolate game after game.

+1

What are they doing the other 6 days out of the week?  I know I didn't study 7 days a week when I was in school.   

• Content Count:  406
  • Days Won:  0

Although I agree that we should always be able to fill the student section.  How many of those students are on the Tampa Campus?  How many are undergrads (Grad students would have difficult time with Sunday Night Games)?  Also how many live on campus or around it?  Maybe 20,000?  Just a thought

Archived