• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PLEASE READ THIS!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Matt is just doing what all jrs should do it just gives you an idea where you are and what you need to work on...nothing else..does not want to leave..is very happy....   I am truly ashamed to hear all the stuff I am hearing...As a QB when things are good so are you..when they get a little rough you are the scum of the earth...he is far from inflating himself...those that know him know that.  I really have nothing else to say except way to stand behind your QB when things are down  jeese..

I can understand talking about his mistakes but to personally attack him is somewhat mind boggling...but I have to remmember..things will be good soon  could start Sun. night.

Again he does not think he will go to the NFL early...does not want to leave BUlls..and is happy with the Bulls.....just seeing what he needs to work on to get there!!!

WOW!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

It's got to be tough, as a dad, to hear all this smack about your kid. Who the hell is anyone on this board to judge the actions of someone playing D1 college football? Especially someone who is about the graduate and is thinking about their future. Whether he makes it or not, I get sick of some of the comments on here related to Matt Grothe.

• Content Count:  1,894

Why would he leave? Nfl early? Are we talking about grothe? This is no different than any other qb in the nation if he is struggling, this is nothing new. He knows the role. Wins and losses fall on his shoulders most of the time, and so we can't feel sorry for him. The guy is not doing what all juniors do, and this is the end of the season, time for adjustments come  after the first few games. He is struggling. If he is like 10-0 when he doesnt throw interceptions, you would think hey maybe i should throw the ball away. I hope he turns it around, but fans are allowed to talk about whatever they want.

Who knows  he has said he would play safety in the NFL...ie.  John Lynch  QB  then  safety   who knows...but yea these people are something...but oh well ..life goes on!!

I personally feel, he has been severely restricted by the coaching staff, and as a leader, as a junior, as the engine that makes this team run, that he would step up to the coach's and let him play to his strengths.

I did not say they could not talk about it it just is somewhat unreal how people can turn on you  but hey this is new for me so maybe this is the way it is  its all good...  

Alright, he has the athletic ability to play another position and he def. isnt afraid to lower his shoulder into someone, he proved he can take a hit. I can see him playing another position.

Yea, thats how it is, As fans sometimes we take things to far, we may say things we don't mean, because we always want success, but NOBODY CAN EVER TAKE AWAY WHAT HE DID FOR THIS PROGRAM, and when expectations are so high, and this type of ending of the season happens, it just makes for everyone searching for answers, excuses, reasons,...including me because I thought this was the year.

• Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Matt is just doing what all jrs should do it just gives you an idea where you are and what you need to work on...nothing else..does not want to leave..is very happy....   I am truly ashamed to hear all the stuff I am hearing...As a QB when things are good so are you..when they get a little rough you are the scum of the earth...he is far from inflating himself...those that know him know that.  I really have nothing else to say except way to stand behind your QB when things are down  jeese..

I can understand talking about his mistakes but to personally attack him is somewhat mind boggling...but I have to remmember..things will be good soon  could start Sun. night.

Again he does not think he will go to the NFL early...does not want to leave BUlls..and is happy with the Bulls.....just seeing what he needs to work on to get there!!!

WOW!!

Flip, remember were a young fan base with no tradition of loosing. The team has struggled this year and these people want instant gratification.

I would say most rational Bulls fans see the problems across the board.  I'm still in Matt's corner.

Without a serious running game threat and with the current state of our offensive line I really dont see this team turning around until those issues are fixed but for people to blame Matt is just rediculous.

Hang in there.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

WOW!!

this is part of being a qb in major college football. if he can't take the heat then he shouldnt be playing sports. and if he doesnt like it, then he needs to go out next game and prove all doubters wrong. personally attacking him i agree is def. wrong. but pointing out his weaknesses is part of the fans responsibility.

plus, he shouldnt have to have his dad do his own defending

Archived