• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

PLEASE READ THIS!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I understand stay positive, but it's tough to say because people are negitive on this board they aren't true fans, if anything true fans want answers as well, they want changes when stuff isn't going right. I will venture on some negitive posts and esp recently, but im at every game I can go to, when the game starts regardless of past games Im rooting for the players. I dont think Ben is our best option, but when the game starts Im rooting for him. This is my team, i got the tattoo on my arm forever cuz of the pride I got for being a part of this program, but if i say something negitive, it doesn't make me less of a fan of this team.

I guess my point is the negative ones are very vocal.  And they represent the minority.  We are all upset that we have dropped 4 games.  We all realize changes are necessary.  But I also think we can all agree that there are probably 7 - 8 key things wrong with our football program.  If you picked your top 3 or 4, it probably would not involve getting rid of Grothe.  That is all I am saying. 

I am as disappointed as the next guy. I have been a season ticket holder since Grothe was 8 or 9 y.o.  I have Mens BB tix.  I donate annually and increased my contribution last year.  I am in the top 1000 for priority points.  I have been involved with the alumni association in the past (for 7 years).  I volunteer for COBA events from time to time.  My kids go to Bulls camps, etc...  I spend an ungodly amount on USF merchandise (you should see my closet).  Trust me, I am not happy when we are not performing at the level I think we should be performing at.

But I can also direct my criticism in the right direction.  Aiming at Grothe is crap because without him this year, we would probably be 2 - 8.  Don't believe me, go watch the UCF, FIU, KU games again.  Also UL.....  Dude put up some numbers.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,217
  • Days Won:  422

this is part of being a qb in major college football. if he can't take the heat then he shouldnt be playing sports. and if he doesnt like it, then he needs to go out next game and prove all doubters wrong. personally attacking him i agree is def. wrong. but pointing out his weaknesses is part of the fans responsibility.

Good Lord, this is a perfect example of why some of our fanbase is so ****** up. Pointing out a team's or player's weakness is not a fan's responsibility, it's a right.

I don't think a handfull of vocal posters on our message board represents our fan base.

I agree, that's why I said "some" .... but those "some" thinking that it's their responsibility to point out weaknesses explains so much .... They actually think they are helping the team.   :D

• Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

no wonder our fan base sucks. we have people who dont care about winning

Fan base sucks if they ONLY care about winning...pretty much the definition of a fair weather or bandwagon fan. Great fanbases will care for and support the team win or lose. As we struggle and the stadium thins out we are finding out who the great fans are.

• Content Count:  4,738

doesnt matter what people say.  Grothe has done great things here.  Maybe what is best in Matt's interest is to leave. There is only one way to find out....ask

• Content Count:  1,894

I agree with that, I still think Matt is our best chance to win, but he had more rushing yards last year, and with our injuries and rb by committe his passing yards are up, thats how I see it, he started off throwing balls away but lost track trying to make things happen, and I completely agree with your post Incredi-bull, and grothe has TONS of weight on his shoulder must be tough to juggle. With a struggling team even the true fans fall victim to questioning things.

I apoligized, and the person who told me what grothe's status update the other day painted me a wrong picture, I stupidly made a comment on here about it, that I regret, I have always been a huge grothe fan, and hearing that he might have said something like that got to me, and I'll apoligize again for jumping to conclusions, should have never been brought up. I never want to talk about a player personally like gundy said for doing every thing right. I'm not that type of fan, I bleed this university, and will forever. I hope whoever read that thread can accept my apology,disregard it,and i asked for it to taken down immediately when I got the facts. I'll talk about a bad performance, possible changes, coaching changes, better recruits, but I don't want to make anyone look bad off the field by taking something out of context. Sorry again.

• Content Count:  2,052

OK people, here's the deal. Plain and simple, Matt has his priorities mixed up big time. He should not have made comments like he made, especially during a season where his leadership was counted on so highly. Those comments should all be related to the success of our TEAM, not future accomplishments and dreams.  You have to be a leader on and off the field. You have to kick some but in the huddle when players don't get open, or drop passes. I have yet to see Matt go off on someone who has missed a block or dropped a pass. Look at all of your good QB's. They all command respect. They are the leaders. Nice guys finish last. (I will regret this later), Look at Tebow. He chews out his players and has garnered respect. They sure don't drop too many passes or miss blocks knowing Tebow will bite their butt in the huddle.  Matt has been a big part in our success yes, but he needs to step it up as a leader. I kept hearing all season how he worked on his ball control etc, not making bad decisions. Well sir, lately he has gone against all he has said. A QB has to stay cool. Has to take control, and not BE THE WHOLE TEAM. Be the leader. Lead by example, and garner respect. Don't play to the media. Play for the team. Sorry again folks, just my opinion whether you agree or not.

• Content Count:  5

I felt the need to reply to this post.  I usually do not write on message boards. However, I feel this is important as a diehard BULLS fan.  I am quite saddened to here some people say such hurtfull things about Matt such as he will never make it into the NFL--you never know--this kid has heart.  He is not ditching our program, he just seeing where he stands (who wouldn't). Yes, he has made some mistakes (we all do). However, this kid has done so much for USF football.  We need some perspective, we are a rising program that is having some growing pains.  We will get back on track. Is Matt the main reason for our problems? Or more likely, a poor offensive scheme, predictable play calling, poor blocking, poor coaching, inability to run, and lousy defense ,etc.  I have met Matt a couple times, although he does not know me personally, he has been very pleasant and polite to myself and my son.  I believe people will realize once he is gone, how important he has been. In fact, if we had a better supporting cast, I guarantee we would be competing for the Big East title this year. We need to stop listening to people like Smazza (who is probably doing more harm to our program by constantly smearing it). I can tell you, there are lots of teams in college football who wish they were in our position.  Thats why UCF is so jealous.  In closing, there is nothing wrong with wanting to strive to get better. However, trashing those who got us to be even mentioned at times with college football's elite, is not helpfull and is not properly supporting our BULLS.

• Content Count:  971

I've always stood up for Pat Julmiste, so you know I really, really, really appreciate Matt Grothe.

I felt the need to reply to this post.  I usually do not write on message boards. However, I feel this is important as a diehard BULLS fan.  I am quite saddened to here some people say such hurtfull things about Matt such as he will never make it into the NFL--you never know--this kid has heart.  He is not ditching our program, he just seeing where he stands (who wouldn't). Yes, he has made some mistakes (we all do). However, this kid has done so much for USF football.  We need some perspective, we are a rising program that is having some growing pains.  We will get back on track. Is Matt the main reason for our problems? Or more likely, a poor offensive scheme, predictable play calling, poor blocking, poor coaching, inability to run, and lousy defense ,etc.  I have met Matt a couple times, although he does not know me personally, he has been very pleasant and polite to myself and my son.  I believe people will realize once he is gone, how important he has been. In fact, if we had a better supporting cast, I guarantee we would be competing for the Big East title this year. We need to stop listening to people like Smazza (who is probably doing more harm to our program by constantly smearing it). I can tell you, there are lots of teams in college football who wish they were in our position.  Thats why UCF is so jealous.  In closing, there is nothing wrong with wanting to strive to get better. However, trashing those who got us to be even mentioned at times with college football's elite, is not helpfull and is not properly supporting our BULLS.

Well said, and I agree whole-heartedly.

I've always stood up for Pat Julmiste, so you know I really, really, really appreciate Matt Grothe.

Okay, now you've gone too far.... LOL, jkoc.

I liked Pat as a person, but he is no where near the QB Grothe and Blackwell are/were.

Archived