• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question For Bulls Fans

Guest CardinalExpress

Guest CardinalExpress

I have not been able to follow you guys real close this year, but obviously it's not been a good year.  To what would you attribute the falloff from last year?

I do not want you guys to start a "fight" amongst yourselves.  I realize there will be varying opinions, I'm just looking for some thoughts.

Did you lose some guys to graduation?  Some guys having an off year?

Also, I was hearing your recruiting was going very well.  Is this still the case?  I expect with you guys going to the NBE that your recruiting would have improved.  I know it's been a big boost for us.

I really expect you guys to be one of the top teams year in and year out in the NBE.  We're all in this together, and I pull for the Bulls when we are not playing.  Good luck the rest of the year after Friday's game.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

Graduation, lack of growth at the QB position, and recruiting.  Even tho' recruiting had gone well the past year and it has been improving every year, we still lack the solid depth and the stud QB freshman.  When your a Mid-Major it is hard to pull in the cream of the crop and now that we are moving up it will be easier but we are still in FL.  The big 3 get most of the cream, the out of state'rs get the bulk of the rest and then/now we are getting our share but it takes time.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume it is easier for UL to recruit the cream of Kentucky especially with UK.  The only thing I would figure that would hurt is that UK is in a BCS conference.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We did lose some key guys on defense and we still haven't been able to replace Marquel Blackwell, our QB from two years ago.

Our last recruiting class was pretty good )on paper) but it takes a couple of years before you can really get any benefit from most of them.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

We are missing JR Reed really bad. JR REED pretty much beat Memphis by himself last season. The defense has been really bad at times this season. Usually, USF has a good defense that does not give up the big plays. This season, USF has given up the big pass too many times. We are just young on defense right now. Put it this way, one or ARMY's TDs was a gift from the USF secondary because there was noone to over that ARMY WR. That was just a product of not being focused and being too young.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  14

The big 3 get most of the cream, the out of state'rs get the bulk of the rest and then/now we are getting our share but it takes time.  Correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume it is easier for UL to recruit the cream of Kentucky especially with UK.  The only thing I would figure that would hurt is that UK is in a BCS conference.

Actually, UK still tends to get a lot of the talent outside of Louisville since many kids grew up UK fans (but UL is starting to slowly dominate more and more of the recruiting across the state).  We actually get our talent as much from your backyard as anywhere though.  Our roster this year includes 31 kids from KY and 26 from FL.  Believe me, there's plenty of talent in FL to go around.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Our recruiting the past 2 years has been very good overall, and it is showing at some positions with guys who are obviously better physically than our old ones.  Problem is, they aren't well coached yet in some cases.

The biggest problem is our Offensive playcalling and our quarterback.  We are running some sort of playstation offense with the crap spread, and our QB can't make the reads well.  Sometimes he will, then mis-throws it or stares down a WR.  D overpursues, but has been decent and will continue to improve.  We need a new OC.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

We are missing JR Reed really bad. JR REED pretty much beat Memphis by himself last season. The defense has been really bad at times this season. Usually, USF has a good defense that does not give up the big plays. This season, USF has given up the big pass too many times. We are just young on defense right now. Put it this way, one or ARMY's TDs was a gift from the USF secondary because there was noone to over that ARMY WR. That was just a product of not being focused and being too young.

It kills me how everyone blames our poor play on being young.  That's hogwash.  Bad players are bad players and we SHOULD NOT wait until they've played 3 horrible seasons to realize it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I base it on QB and DB's as the main reason ... still not happy with the OC either ... should change to the talent we have.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Teams have good & bad seasons. Period. Everything can be boiled down to be a factor when it comes to the final score. What bothers me are the fair-weather fans who start complaining with a couple of losses. If you're going to be a fan, STICK TO YOUR COLORS !!!   GO BULLS !!!