• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who woulda thunk it?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Thank god for basketball season!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I think it every year. 

I hope USF turns into a basketball school.  In Heath I trust....in Leavitt I know whats going to happen every year. 

• Content Count:  637

I think it every year. 

I hope USF turns into a basketball school. 

I'm a huge basketball fan, but realistic.

Florida is not a basketball STATE. There are no hopes that the basketball program will ever be as big as the football program. Unless the FB program completely implodes of course. It won't be because basketball got so big though, it'll have to be because of football shrinking.

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I think it every year. 

I hope USF turns into a basketball school. 

I'm a huge basketball fan, but realistic.

Florida is not a basketball STATE. There are no hopes that the basketball program will ever be as big as the football program. Unless the FB program completely implodes of course. It won't be because basketball got so big though, it'll have to be because of football shrinking.

We still should be able to pull in good talent, around the area.  And Its not like we just started our team 5 years ago.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Florida is not a basketball STATE.

Go tell that to UF.

This can certainly be a basketball state if you want to make it that way. I know we have an AD who wants this program to turn it around and his hire of Heath shows how much he wants this team to win.

• Content Count:  1,478

UF won two national championships in a row and they are still not a basketball school

• Content Count:  5,241

love em or hate em. UF wasa great all around athletics college only 2 years ago. Basketball could easily reemerge

• Content Count:  637

Florida is not a basketball STATE.

Go tell that to UF.

This can certainly be a basketball state if you want to make it that way. I know we have an AD who wants this program to turn it around and his hire of Heath shows how much he wants this team to win.

UF won two national championships in a row and they are still not a basketball school

Thank you BULLSHTR. South_Florida_Flip, go ask anyone what they think of when then think of Gators sports, even NCAA basketball enthusiasts will probably tell you football. UF winning it's basketball championships was basically like the Lightning winning the Stanley cup.

Simply put, alumni of our university and the FL community will never care for bball as much as fball. This state is very skewed in its basketball viewership for whatever reason. I don't care to figure out why, but it is, look at the apathy for a 50-win team we have in our backyard: The Orlando Magic.

• Content Count:  16,413
  • Days Won:  43

One thing that USF has going for itself is that they are in the BIG EAST.  You have to admit that the BIG EAST has to be the most exciting brand of college basketball out there, and I think a lot of the transplants in the Tampa area will support a BIG EAST winner. UF is stuck in the middle of Gainseville where football will always be king. BIG EAST basketball is more exciting than SEC basketball by leaps and bounds, so I would not be surprised to see the USF basketball get a good following if they start to win. It wont get like USF football though, but it will get pretty big.

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Thank you BULLSHTR. South_Florida_Flip, go ask anyone what they think of when then think of Gators sports, even NCAA basketball enthusiasts will probably tell you football. UF winning it's basketball championships was basically like the Lightning winning the Stanley cup.

Of course they'll think football first, but the bottom line is that winning a basketball championship can be done in this state, back to back Championships no less.

Those of us that have been with the program long before football was even a dream know that things can improve with our basketball program. An AD with a basketball background brings in a proven winner, so the commitment is in place.

Sorry, but comparing a college championship to a professional one is way off.

Archived