• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bearcats QB situation

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

I am wary of getting overconfident in the face of a 3rd or fourth string QB starting.... thinking back to the Oregon game and how that kid did.

The difference is that Oregon had a month to get that kid ready for the Bowl game, and Cincy has like 3 days.  No way we should be overconfident though.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

I am wary of getting overconfident in the face of a 3rd or fourth string QB starting.... thinking back to the Oregon game and how that kid did.

u mean Cinci has had an entire month to gameplan with their 4th string QB?

and here i was thinking this was a Thursday game on a short week.

silly me.

::)

• Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

The difference is that Oregon had a month to get that kid ready for the Bowl game, and Cincy has like 3 days.  No way we should be overconfident though.

Not only that, Oregon had a team that would have been going to the NC game had Dixon not have gotten hurt. They were out of our league no matter who was taking snaps for them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

Good point. Now I'm nervous as ****, thanks.

Didn't Roper win the starting job this season before getting hurt again?

Pretty sure you are correct on that. 

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

doesnt matter who the qb is. we'll get blown out because the players will be too cold, won't give a crap about the game and will just want to get on the plane back to tampa. a combination of the team not being prepared, poor coaching, and players not giving full effort will lose the game for us

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

doesnt matter who the qb is. we'll get blown out because the players will be too cold, won't give a crap about the game and will just want to get on the plane back to tampa. a combination of the team not being prepared, poor coaching, and players not giving full effort will lose the game for us

Low 50s/high 40s is perfect football weather.  The cold is not a factor.

Attitude and a propensity for idiotic playcalling or decision making at key times is truly reason for concern in a close game. 

One thing no one has mentioned is that we suck on field turf.  None of our guys seems to be able to run without falling all over themselves.  It happened last time in Cincy and it happened again on Saturday in Louisville.

Watch how many of our guys fall down in the open fileld with no one around them.  Happens every time we play on this surface.

I actually feel somewhat confident about winning tonight.  We are still a pretty good team.

Archived