• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

2 Bye Weeks?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Why does USF have 2 bye weeks this year... did USF screw up and not schedule enough OOC opponents -Or- is it due to the small size of the Big East?

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Why does USF have 2 bye weeks this year... did USF screw up and not schedule enough OOC opponents -Or- is it due to the small size of the Big East?

We have 3 bye weeks.  We have the requisite 12 games, but we started August 30 and finish Dec 6. We then played 6 weeks ina  row, leaving us 9 weeks to play the last 6 games.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

We have 3 bye weeks.  We have the requisite 12 games, but we started August 30 and finish Dec 6. We then played 6 weeks ina  row, leaving us 9 weeks to play the last 6 games.

You beat me to it.

But this is the most f'd up schedule since our "hurricane" schedule in 05.

I guess you have to expect that when you play in the "Weeknight FootBall Conference"...I mean...Big East.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It was due to poor big east scheduling.

In a perfect world it would have been

5 OOC games

Bye

Pitt

Cuse

UL

Bye

Cincy

Rutgers

(possible Bye)

UConn

(other possible by)

WVU

We should have had byes before our early conference games (Pitt and Cincy) to avoid short rest.  The other bye could be before or after UConn.

That's what I think would have been ideal.

Yeah but don't other teams like Florida and Miami only have 1 bye week all season... why do we have more then 1... I know that Miami's season ends at the end of November and all, and they have Conference Title games.

I'm just confused why we don't play an extra OOC game or why the Big East doesn't have a title game since there are so many bye weeks.

Maybe I just never noticed before since I did not go to the games due to work...

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah but don't other teams like Florida and Miami only have 1 bye week all season... why do we have more then 1... I know that Miami's season ends at the end of November and all, and they have Conference Title games.

they end earlier so this cuts into the length of their regular season, leaving less time for bye weeks

I'm just confused why ... the Big East doesn't have a title game since there are so many bye weeks.

BE doesn't have a title game because we don't have a split conference like SEC and ACC.  it wouldn't make sense.  we don't have one and neither does the PAC-10

I'm just confused why we don't play an extra OOC game ... since there are so many bye weeks.

you can't have more than 12 games in a season.  the only way to have a 13th regular season game is if you play at hawaii like cincy is at the end of the year

Crap, oh well I thought I was on to something for a second there  :-\

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

Every BE team (even Cinci has 2 byes) could have finished in November, but

I do believe the Big East stretched the season to have games the same weekend as the big conferences were having thier championship games (Dec 6) in hopes that one of our scheduled games would be the game that decided the BE championship.  I think the BE had hoped the USF @ WVU game would decide the BE champion, so it would be cool to have it on "championship" weekend to align with the SEC/ACC/Big12 championships etc.  It doesn't look like those plans are working out too well.

Archived