• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chad Simpson

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

To someone without the keen insight you possess, it seemed then - as it does now - that he chose not to compete for a spot.

That was too bad, it would have been nice to have his speed.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Ask your buddy the Sheriff how easy it is to "compete" for a spot when you are not anointed by CJL. Look at the archives I said almost the same thing the moment Simpson transferred.

I'm sorry that we missed out on him but I don't blame the kid for transferring. Hell there were a lot of people this year on this very board asking Ford to transfer out of the USF doghouse and onto a football field somewhere. I am afraid that we will look back at Ford's career at USF as a waste as well and how talented is that kid?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think it's easy to speculate.  It's easy to speculate about Simpson's situation.  It's easy to speculate about Ford's.  Speculating is what we do best.

LOL Are you calling me a speculator? I am great at it and I am even better after the event, but who am I telling, you know that already.

• Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget Clebert -- there were five in that class from Edison.

Right you are...I should've known better with that one.

• Content Count:  1,370

Chad was a good back...but he had problems with classes and study hall.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Andre Halls last year was 2005, he went undrafted in May 2006. Simpson transferred in February 2006. He waited for his chance and was looking at a pattern of favoritism and waste and left USF for an opportunity that he should have been granted here. We missed him and his abilities terribly. The pattern of favoritism/misguided loyalty and the lack of talent ahead of him is what I tried to show, not attack the coaches. They need to be accountable but there is another time/thread for that.

I see what you are saying. I was just stating that Simpson was there with Hall and Ponton in 2005, so he wasn't getting much PT that year. He left before spring practice in 2006, so he never even gave himself an opportunity to beat anyone out. Ponton would have been a stud in 2006 if he had dedicated himself to football. Obviously where we ended up, Simpson would have been huge for us in 2006, but the expectation when he transferred was that Ponton and Plancher would be getting a bulk of the carries, and no one can say for certain that he has/had more ability than either of those guys.

It sucks to lose talented players and I don't know all of the circumstances involved in this case. I am sure that during the 2006 and 2007 seasons, Chad was wishing he had stayed at USF and been a part of what was going on. No doubt in 2006, he would have gotten plenty of PT with Ponton being suspended/kicked off team, and Mo's knee.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

[glow=red,2,300]Ask your buddy the Sheriff how easy it is to "compete" for a spot when you are not anointed by CJL. [/glow]Look at the archives I said almost the same thing the moment Simpson transferred.

I'm sorry that we missed out on him but I don't blame the kid for transferring. Hell there were a lot of people this year on this very board asking Ford to transfer out of the USF doghouse and onto a football field somewhere. I am afraid that we will look back at Ford's career at USF as a waste as well and how talented is that kid?

Give me a breack!  No offense to the Sheriff, but he even got cut by the D-III team he transferred too! 

Give me a breack!  No offense to the Sheriff, but he even got cut by the D-III team he transferred too

I am not witnessing for Terrys skills, but he has first, second and third hand knowledge/experience with the culture in the locker room.

You can take a BREACK - whatever that is and while you're at it take one for me 2.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  2,527

Give me a breack!  No offense to the Sheriff, but he even got cut by the D-III team he transferred too

I am not witnessing for Terrys skills, but he has first, second and third hand knowledge/experience with the culture in the locker room.

You can take a BREACK - whatever that is and while you're at it take one for me 2.

HAHAHAHAHA  I think it's funny how so many on this site make a big deal over typos?  This isn't a document we are presenting to our company Prez, it's a friggin sports BB.

Archived