• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Chad Simpson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  407
  • Days Won:  0

Anybody remember him?

The guy who came to USF but didn't play much and transferred to Morgan State.

Well hes playing for the Colts now as their 3rd string RB, but is 2nd string due to Addai's injury.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The KO return against UL to start the second 1/2 of the upset game was my fondest memory of Chad. 

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The KO return against UL to start the second 1/2 of the upset game was my fondest memory of Chad. 

That is pretty much my only memory of him. 

• Content Count:  2,307

Yup, I don't really remember him besides that.

• Content Count:  1,370

Yeah, I noticed his name too. He was one of the four Edison boys that came in one of our recruiting classes (along with Jackie Chambers, Brouce, and Marc Dile). He had a lot of potential...but I think he got in some trouble and wasn't going to classes and such...so he transferred. Glad to see he made a team though.

• Content Count:  9,038

Yup, I don't really remember him besides that.

Yep.  Me too.

• Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Don't forget Clebert -- there were five in that class from Edison.

• Content Count:  997

Yeah, I noticed his name too. He was one of the four Edison boys that came in one of our recruiting classes (along with Jackie Chambers, Brouce, and Marc Dile). He had a lot of potential...but I think he got in some trouble and wasn't going to classes and such...so he transferred. Glad to see he made a team though.

Simpson was USF's primary kickoff returner, averaging a team- best 25.2 yards on 16 returns, including a 94-yard touchdown in the Bulls' upset of then-No. 9 Louisville in September. He rushed for 89 yards but did not carry the ball after the fifth game of the season.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/982954181.html?dids=982954181:982954181&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Feb+7%2C+2006&author=GREG+AUMAN&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=2.C&desc=Bulls+dump+Peyton%2C+lose+three+reserves

I am pretty sure he transferred due to lack of playing time, not trouble. We had a stacked backfield that he just couldn't break into . . . . CJL chose Moise Plancher before he got hurt, but we were DEEEEEEEP at RB:

Leavitt used five running backs Plancher, senior Walt Smith, freshman Keeley Dorsey, sophomore Ben Williams and walk-on Colby Erskin

RIP KD. The others: Walt Smith, Colby Erskin and Ben Williams . . . wow 3 great NFL quality talented backs . . . . Simpson wasn't good enough to get the ball at USF or play in the NFL . . . ohhhhhhh noooooooo. I guess he was "pretty much equal" too. I love the way we evaluate and maximize the talent we have on the roster. I only hope we do as good a job when recruiting.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Simpson was USF's primary kickoff returner, averaging a team- best 25.2 yards on 16 returns, including a 94-yard touchdown in the Bulls' upset of then-No. 9 Louisville in September. He rushed for 89 yards but did not carry the ball after the fifth game of the season.

http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/982954181.html?dids=982954181:982954181&FMT=FT&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Feb+7%2C+2006&author=GREG+AUMAN&pub=St.+Petersburg+Times&edition=&startpage=2.C&desc=Bulls+dump+Peyton%2C+lose+three+reserves

I am pretty sure he transferred due to lack of playing time, not trouble. We had a stacked backfield that he just couldn't break into . . . . CJL chose Moise Plancher before he got hurt, but we were DEEEEEEEP at RB:

Leavitt used five running backs Plancher, senior Walt Smith, freshman Keeley Dorsey, sophomore Ben Williams and walk-on Colby Erskin

RIP KD. The others: Walt Smith, Colby Erskin and Ben Williams . . . wow 3 great NFL quality talented backs . . . . Simpson wasn't good enough to get the ball at USF or play in the NFL . . . ohhhhhhh noooooooo. I guess he was "pretty much equal" too. I love the way we evaluate and maximize the talent we have on the roster. I only hope we do as good a job when recruiting.

If I remember correctly, Simpson transferred out before th 2006 season. He played in 2005 behind a guy named Hall or something. That guy was OK for us. Behind Hall was Ricky Ponton who had a lot of potential, but screwed up too much. I could be wrong, but I think Simpson was looking at Ponton, Williams, and Plancher in front of him with a battle with Smith and Dorsey for the 4th spot.

All of that is from memory, and I could be wrong, but he chose to leave because he didn't want to stick around and compete for a job. I wish him well, but attacking the coaches over that is not necessary.

• Content Count:  997

Andre Halls last year was 2005, he went undrafted in May 2006. Simpson transferred in February 2006. He waited for his chance and was looking at a pattern of favoritism and waste and left USF for an opportunity that he should have been granted here. We missed him and his abilities terribly. The pattern of favoritism/misguided loyalty and the lack of talent ahead of him is what I tried to show, not attack the coaches. They need to be accountable but there is another time/thread for that.

Archived