• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For USF to win the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Like I said before I'd rather be surprised then let down by USF's performance on the field... from day one I had my sights set on the St. Pete Bowl and unless we pull it our of our rears that is where we will end up... would like something better, but I prefer the less heart breaky road.

I just upped my ticket count for the St Pete Bowl....  Glad I will be saving some bucks this year.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

I just upped my ticket count for the St Pete Bowl....   Glad I will be saving some bucks this year.

Ditttooo - If we end up there then I plan on buying a USF Tailgate tent from Bulls Outfitter / Bullsheaven (Which ever is cheapest), invest in some tailgate games, buy a ton of beer, and will still be able to pocket some cash.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

this is all hypothetical ******** until we are preparing for the WVU game after 3 straight wins.  Unless that happens it doesnt matter.

Well it, wouldn't be hypothetical then would it? 

I can't believe that the loss to Louisville not only wiped out happiness, hope, a decent bowl game and positive thoughts, but not hypotheticals are hereby decreed to be ******** until such time as the allegedly hypothetical ******** actually happens?

I thought dwelling on the past was bad?  Bad for both the rainbow and sunshine crowd as well as the doom and gloom kick your dog crowd.

:)

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

this is all hypothetical ******** until we are preparing for the WVU game after 3 straight wins.  Unless that happens it doesnt matter.

Well it, wouldn't be hypothetical then would it? 

I can't believe that the loss to Louisville not only wiped out happiness, hope, a decent bowl game and positive thoughts, but not hypotheticals are hereby decreed to be ******** until such time as the allegedly hypothetical ******** actually happens?

I thought dwelling on the past was bad?  Bad for both the rainbow and sunshine crowd as well as the doom and gloom kick your dog crowd.

:)

hypothetically speaking, it wouldnt be a hypothetical. 

• Content Count:  172

JUST WIN OUT AND TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS!!!!

• Content Count:  1,241

What needs to happen for us to win the Big East? It's pretty simple and there is a shot.

First if USF needs win out then

WVU must lose to us and someone else they play  @ Uconn, Cincy, @ UL, @ Pitt, USF

UConn must just lose to us as they already lose to RU

Pitt must lose one more Big East they play UL, @ Cincy, WVU, @ Uconn

you forgot, USF must win out.   Very unlikely given the schedule and our abilities....

How well did you read the post you quoted?

What needs to happen for us to win the Big East? It's pretty simple and there is a shot.

First if USF needs win out then

WVU must lose to us and someone else they play  @ Uconn, Cincy, @ UL, @ Pitt, USF

UConn must just lose to us as they already lose to RU

Pitt must lose one more Big East they play UL, @ Cincy, WVU, @ Uconn

you forgot, USF must win out.  Very unlikely given the schedule and our abilities....

USF wins out was the first thing on his list...

Pitt needs to lost 2 more (If they have 2 losses in BE play they get tiebreaker because they beat us) and UofL needs to lose 2 more for the same reason.

I can't be bothered right now to sort out who lost to who in this hypothetical, but in the case of a three- or four-way tie, it almost certainly would come down to BCS standings, as the teams most likely would have all beaten each other. In that case, USF (remember, in this hypothetical, USF would have won its final four games) would have the highest ranking and get the BCS spot.

Not necessarily.

You see, in the hypothetical above, USF would be 1-2 with Pitt, WVU, and Louisville.  Only when two teams are 2-1 against the others in a four-way-tie, the team of those two finishing higher in the final BCS standings would get the bid.  And if one team was 3-0, that team woud get the bid.

1) USF needs to win out.

2) WVU must lose another game (besides USF).

3) Pitt must lose one more game in a four-way-tie or lose to WVU in a three-way-tie with USF and WVU  - or Pitt needs to lose two more games.

4) Louisville must lose one more game in a four-way-tie or lose to WVU in a three-way-tie with USF and WVU - or Louisville needs to lose two more games.

U Conn won't matter in any tie because USF would either hold the head-to-head by winning out or finish higher in the BCS for a three/four-way tie.  There isn't any way U Conn could win the Big East if USF wins out.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  165

it's topics like this that give our negative nancy's an open door to come back and say "I told you so" and other crap about how we are crazy to think we could win all our games.

granted-- the discussion is more about what has to happen for us to still have a chance at the BE but do you really think they will see it that way?

screw it all-- just win the next game and worry about it later

Archived