• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Bulls Fans It Could Be Alot Worse!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

0-6 I believe  is George one and done??

Akron 26, Central Florida 21  

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Brett Biggs ran for 150 yards and a touchdown and the Akron Zips took advantage of four turnovers to defeat Central Florida 26-21 on Saturday night.

Akron (3-4, 3-1 Mid American Conference) converted two giveaways into touchdowns and used a pair of fourth-quarter interceptions to thwart a comeback attempt by UCF (0-6, 0-3). The loss extends the Golden Knights' losing streak to 10 games, the longest in the nation.

Biggs scored from nine yards out after Akron linebacker Chevin Pace's fumble recovery in the middle of the first quarter to give the Zips a 10-0 advantage.

Akron got a 4-yard touchdown pass from Charlie Frye to Dan Basch in the middle of the third quarter to finish off a 29-yard drive set up by Reggie Corner's fumble recovery.

Two field goals by Jason Swiger and a 2-yard scoring pass from Frye to Kris Kasparek rounded out the scoring for Akron. Frye finished the game 14 of 24 for 169 yards and two touchdowns.

UCF quarterback Steven Moffett completed 30 of 41 passes for 322 yards and two touchdowns, but his two interceptions were costly.

Moffett's 32-yard scoring pass to Tavaris Capers cut the Golden Knights deficit to 26-14 with 11:55 left in the game.

But Akron cornerbacks Dionte Henry and Dwayne LeFall stopped the next two UCF drives with interceptions to kill the rally.

Moffett did hit Luther Huggins with a 23-yard scoring pass with 31 seconds left in the game, but UCF couldn't convert the onside kick, and Akron ran out the clock.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FreaKnight!

Misery loves company as you clearly stated in your subject line.  This is the first time that I can remember that USF is under-achieving.  Well, at least that is the perception.  USF's defense, it's traditional signature, has been exposed for the first time this year, and USF's offense has struggled for quite some time now.  The wins and losses are just a reflection.  Remember the close games last year and all of the "gimmick plays" with Fisher at the helm?  That only takes you so far in IA football.

It's gut-check time for USF football fans.  Welcome to college football, JEWBULL.  

Clearly UCF is struggling right now.  I was at both the Northern Illinois and Akron games and UCF just can't put it all together.  One thing I can say though is that UCF has found their QB for the the future.   He is a true sophomore and continues to improve each week.  This season is already gone, but the team continues to fight and they all believe in Moffett.

Good luck the rest of the season.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

speechless

thanks, i guess?

we are one OC away from where we need to be

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Could we beat UCF the way we are playing?  I doubt it.

Have you seen UCF play this year??

But I think you hit home on another thread when you said: "You know what, maybe we have become too full of ourselves, especially if the players are like the fans here."

With all the GREAT NEWS of USF's recruiting over the past few years...that has been spilled onto all your fans...and with the success of your earlier years beating some Div I-A Teams with mostly Div I-AA recruits...I think USF fans thought they wouldn't have problems this year.

If you have the recruits, if you have the players...that only leaves Coaching.

From many a post...seems like ya'll have SEVERAL coaching problems on Defense and Offense.

Back to your main point...I'm GLAD we don't play ya'll this year...and nervous as heck of what Hall could do to us next Sept...if we can't turn our own ship around by then.

KL

Guest wildrover
speechless

thanks, i guess?

we are one OC away from where we need to be

We are also on QB away, he just does not have it.  I do not have confidence in his ability to throw the ball.  I get nervous every time I see him drop back to pass.  this season is lost maybe its time to start thinking about the future

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Jewbull, its gonna get worse for you.  Unlike USF, UCF stared on one senior on offense last night and that was at WR, where we are stacked.  For that matter, UCF only stared one junior too.  On defense, UCF only started two seniors on defense last night.

On the flip side, what does USF have, seven seniors on both sides, most of them on the lines.  

Sorry there JB, it does get worse.  Wild, sorry to tell you , but you are more then a QB away.  Your vaunted defense got abused by Army, that was not Oklahoma you played.  That was Army that almost got 500 yards of offense on you.  That was Army that scored 22 points in the fourth quarter.  That was Army that sacked your QB 4 times.  

No guys, you are not one player away, you have to recruild like UCF is doing now.  Its going to get worse for USF, you just need to accept it.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

LOL, ok. Maybe you guys will win CUSA next year. Here is a fact yes we lost to Army. Youve lost 10 in a row including games to Buffalo and Akron.

We will see next year on the field who is further ahead. For now is ALL talk. Hopefully you guys will have broken that losing streak before meeting USF.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

While STKs post (and replies to it) are better suited for the UCF vs. USF board....

I will say that you guys can't beat yourselfs up over last night too much.  Face it, you've been spoiled.  While FAU and Troy seem to have caught on, what you did upon entrance to Division IA was probably unprecedented.  

You guys will do fine. If its the talent, it will improve, if its the coaching, Leavitt didn't build this program to see it fail - he'll make the right decisions in that area.  

Another UCF fan made a good point on our board:  College football home games only happen 5-6 times a year.  That's good enough to be considered a holiday in my book!

Enjoy this season!

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

04, sticking to your USF roots again I see.

Maybe you need to see who and what this thread was about and who started it.