• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Bowl Picture Now?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

there is no reason USF should be going to anything less than the gator bowl.  every loss is on our own team.  we should be undefeated right now.

No BE team will be going to the Gator Bowl if Notre Dame continues to win.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757

Best Case scenario is car care bowl, and we would be lucky to get that. More then likely we will be eating pizza, or driving across the bay

Best Case scenario is still the Big East Championship.  And it's not just a "mathematical" possibility. The way things are going, I think we have a 20% chance of getting it.

Pizza and the Trop are more likely, but the BCS is not out of the question..........   yet.

Im not giving up, Im being realistic. We struggle in conference play and we have some obvious weakness. I should have said, "realistic best case scenario"

• Content Count:  145

A bowl picture is so far from my mind right now...we have real issues right now.

We can't rely on our secondary for anything at this point and our pass rush that would help covering up that weakness has been spotty at best.  We still have at least one loss in us against a run heavy UConn team that will give us fits...and at West Virginia if we don't somehow fix our problems.  Heck...at Cincy is scaring the bejesus out of me right now as well.  The NC State game exposed us and to tell you the truth the end of regulation of the UCiF game...Pittsburgh and Louisville simply took advantage. 

From my Smazza colored glasses right now...we're just not good enough and we got spoiled with Jenkins and Williams.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

I hope it is the St Pete Bowl.  At this point, I am not willing to spend a bunch of money for a marginal bowl.  St Pete Bowl is $30, close so no hotel/travel costs, and it is all we deserve....

• Content Count:  4,642

there is no reason USF should be going to anything less than the gator bowl.  every loss is on our own team.  we should be undefeated right now.

No BE team will be going to the Gator Bowl if Notre Dame continues to win.

which makes our inevitably crappy postseason even more crappy.  great.

• Content Count:  4,642

I hope it is the St Pete Bowl.   At this point, I am not willing to spend a bunch of money for a marginal bowl.  St Pete Bowl is $30, close so no hotel/travel costs, and it is all we deserve....

+1

• Content Count:  1,260

My apologies if this has already been linked:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowlprojection?season=2008&week=9

Mark Schlabach projects us to the Papa Johns Bowl.

Bruce Feldman projects us to the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Yippeeeee!!!  ::)

As has been said before...ESPN and the Big East both have a financial stake in creating the St. Pete Bowl. It would be in their best interest to steer the Bulls to St. Pete if at all possible. No other team can legitimize that bowl in the eyes of local supporters for the future as much as we can.

The Gator Bowl may not even take a BE team this year...Sun won't take us 2 years in a row...and Meineke would gladly take the leftovers from Pitt, WVU or UL. I'm not going to be happy about it...but it seems like the only way we don't go to the Trop would be to win out. (Something tells me we may end up playing our flamboyant Purple Pirate friends again.... :-* )

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Well, whether it be the Meineke Bowl, Pizza Bowl, or St. Pete Bowl, they would ALL be a big disappointment from where this team COULD HAVE been with some discipline and decent coaching.

• Content Count:  1,260

Well, whether it be the Meineke Bowl, Pizza Bowl, or St. Pete Bowl, they would ALL be a big disappointment from where this team COULD HAVE been with some discipline and decent coaching.

Agreed.

Archived