• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bedford- What ever??

Guest AstroBull

Bedford had to take 20 credit hours this summer and wasn't with the team for summer workouts.  I think GA said the coaches were talking about him moving to DT for the time being. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Come on tilden, are they all suppose to have 15 sacks the moment they step on campus?  Astro said it best, I believe Bedford even missed the first couple of practices because of academics, and he never even worked out with the team before joining them because of school.  Whereas Craig Marshall was with the team all summer and worked out with them so you can see the difference that extra time provides. 

With all that being said Bedford is still getting minutes at DE, and DT, but mostly DE, and he's slowly improving but for him it's every facet he's got to learn on the fly from the physical side, to the mental side, to the play...at least Marshall had 3+ months before the first fall practice to square up his strength, and learn the defensive plays and get a relationship with teammates.  Bedford will be fine and we have 3 years with him so that's even better.  Marshall too!

• Content Count:  176

This is really my problem, i had expectation of another Selvey this kid was suppose to be extra special.For most great players ten weeks would be enough if the true talent is there, Only the best to Bedford- GO BULLS

This is really my problem, i had expectation of another Selvey this kid was suppose to be extra special.For most great players ten weeks would be enough if the true talent is there, Only the best to Bedford- GO BULLS

No the real problem is you don't know what you are talking about.  Selvie redshirted, and then played one slightly above average year (5 sacks), before the season he had last year.  Selvie did not come on campus and immediately have 33 TFL, and 14.5 sacks.  In fact, before Selvie had the year he had last year he had more college experience then Bedford had, who didn't even play as a freshman at JC, wasn't even on the team that fall, and played only his second year.

SO, if you're expecting another Selvie then stay tuned because Bedford deserves as much time as Selvie had to get himself where he is today.

Jeez, some guys don't even know these kids existed on the roster prior to their big years and just think walked on and produced.

• Content Count:  563

NO  way did Selvie have a slightly above average season . He had 86 tackles, 15.5 tfl and 5.5 sacks . Thats a pretty good season if you ask me .

• Content Count:  827

NO  way did Selvie have a slightly above average season . He had 86 tackles, 15.5 tfl and 5.5 sacks . Thats a pretty good season if you ask me .

The slightly above average season he was referring to was Selvie's first year. Not last year.

• Content Count:  1,266

The slightly above average season he was referring to was Selvie's first year. Not last year.

That is Selvie's first year.

That is Selvie's first year.

That is a slightly above average season boi for a starting DE in the BE, last year five DE's hit double digits in sacks.  Not to mention that was after Selvie had a redshirt season and a full spring.  Also, he made up a lot of ground late in season to that total with 2.5 sacks in his last two games and 5.5 TFL in that period too.  That's a very solid first year but it's not winning all-conference in any bcs league.  But the point is even Selvie, Mr. All-American, was a work-in-progress development, and Bedford hasn't had an ounce of time Selvie had on campus when he started picking it up late in 2006.

• Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Not to mention the fact that taking 20 credit hours over the summer most likely eliminated ANY opportunity he had to work out. I would imagine that he is just getting his football legs now. This guy is going to be a beast next season. 10+ sacks and 20 TFL.

Archived