• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF = the WORST offense in D-1 Football (120 out of 120)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Chris Johnson and Matt Forte also didn't get 45,000 carries during their college careers like Kevin Smith did.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

So far, it appears that both Johnson and Forte are both better NFL-caliber runners than Smith.

That might change, but for now... I don't think either of their teams are regretting the fact that they took them instead of Smith.

• Content Count:  9,038

Kevin Smith = Fool's Gold

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I guess losing the 2nd most prolific runner in NCAA history must have hurt more than I thought after all.  I know, I know, geting more than Marcus Allen wouldn't affect most teams.  ::)

??? That is part of college football... your liquored up HC should had planned ahead for the rainy day when Kevin Smith flew the coup, for example when we loose Grothe we will have people ready to fill in  ;)

That's where UCF fans don't see the forest through the trees, O'Liar ran Kevin Smith so much it wasn't even humanly realistic for him to come back the following year, if he had to carry the ball 450 times again he risked bigtime injury, or losing years on his career.  You don't run a kid 450 times, over 120 more rushes than Barry Sanders had for the record, and expect the kid to come back.  O'Liar rarely used any other RB's, he didn't try to invent future wrinkles in his offense that could be implimented next season...he never got Greco meaningful minutes despite his average ability.  

O'Liar leveraged UCF's future on the 2007 season.  As it stands you were bare this season, and still expect to lose 3 OL, one QB for sure, and Rocky Ross to graduation.  On defense it's one DE, one DT, and four DB's, plus a FG kicker, and two back-up LB's.  Next season is another rebuild for UCF, maybe 6-6, and perpetual rebuilding...but at least you all had 2007.

Not my worry but from what I see of UCF's offense I think it's going to be interesting to see what the future holds for them.  Rob Calabrese is average at best (if you want to see what a real fresh phenom looks like then see the cannon, and legs that BJ Daniels has displayed thus far as a true frosh), Weatherford is not 1-A material as I told so many in the past, and Greco would do the team wonders if he switched positions....what's next?  While we're doing analogies Calabrese=Israel....will Nico Flores be in UCF's cards.  Quite honestly he's the only guy at QB UCF is recruiting that will give them a future-- in 2 more years maybe.

• Content Count:  1,524

Boys,

Kevin Smith is on a horrible team in the NFL, otherwise he is rookie of the year, imho.*

You are such a homer. Go back to the UCF boards and complain abut how bad your program sucks.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Yes, 120 out of 120:

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org

They're even lower than Western Kentucky, who is a provisional 1-A team.

THIS PROGRAMNEED TO BE SHUT DOWN

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

IT IS TIME TO DROP FOOTBALL

• Content Count:  2,661
  • Days Won:  0

O'Liar ran Kevin Smith so much it wasn't even humanly realistic for him to come back the following year, if he had to carry the ball 450 times again he risked bigtime injury, or losing years on his career.  You don't run a kid 450 times, over 120 more rushes than Barry Sanders had for the record, and expect the kid to come back.  O'Liar rarely used any other RB's, he didn't try to invent future wrinkles in his offense that could be implimented next season...he never got Greco meaningful minutes despite his average ability.

See also: McCoy, LeSean.

Archived