• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Question about security....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

The answer that we've gotten entering in from the student gate is that there is apparently a gun that looks like a cell phone? I have no idea, just what I've heard.

That or that it could detonate something.

What about the guns that look like, well, guns?  They are worried about cell phones and you can carry a gun into the game.

• Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

The pat downs they do during the Bucs games are pointless too.  You have to stand with your arms pointed straight out and then they run the backs of their hands down each of your arms, along the sides of your midsection, and along the front and back of your midsection.  They never do anything below the belt, not even check your pockets.  Seems like those patdowns are only checking for a strapped on bomb or something.  I've never had my cell phone checked or even my pockets lately.  I walked in to yesterday's game with 2 water bottles in my pockets and was never checked.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

You can easily hide drugs in the battery slot. A guy i knew in high school, would put weed and some xanax in the back to sell during school.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Yea, the patdowns at the Bucs games are just silly. I also agree on the whole pocket knife thing. I always try to remember to leave it in the car, but dont always remember.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Ok...so how much of this whole 'security consideration' crap is tied to insurance?

Let's assume someone (though I can't imagine who), were to tuck an 8-round

magazine into their sock, slip a .32 Beretta into the crotch of their heavy jeans

(where no hand will ever go), and assemble tab 'a' into 'slot b' once they're in

the stadium.

After the melee, the requisite attorneys line up around the stadium suing the

TSA, USF, TPD, the NCAA, the Glazers and anyone else who pops into mind (hey,

the Pizza Hut guys...are they in on this?) suing the living daylights out of them

for 'not doing what needed to be done to create a safe environment in this

post 9/11-Virginia Tech world in which we find ourselves".

I can't help but feel that a lot of this, goofy as it may be, is really done to say

"Hey...we did everything but x-ray these people...what do you expect? Metal

detectors?" It's done to limit liability, not really increase safety and security.

Archived