• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Not safe for children..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

if the rays lose this series it will be a bigger choke jon than when the yanks blew it a few years back

Losing a 3-1 lead will never be a bigger choke than losing a 3-0 lead like the Yanks did in 2004.

Remember, the Yankees were one out away from sweeping the Sox in that series.

The Rays were up 7-0 with 9 outs to go.

But were not leading 3 games to 0, from which (at that point at least) no team had EVER come back from.

3-1 leads have been lost 11 times in post season history.

No way it's even close, dude.  Keep reaching.

• Content Count:  2,307
  • Days Won:  0

if the rays lose this series it will be a bigger choke jon than when the yanks blew it a few years back

As a Yankees fan I don't think anything can be worse than what my Yanks did in 04.  I ended up getting a C in a class because of that ALCS.  Those last 4 games I was supposed to be studying for a HUGE test and instead was pulling my hair out and on my knees praying.

Good game yesterday, the Rays need to learn not to get too comfortable in the later innings, even if there's a large lead.  It's not over til it's over.

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Losing a 3-1 lead will never be a bigger choke than losing a 3-0 lead like the Yanks did in 2004.

It would be close.  Losing to a team you were up to 7-0 in an elimination game could do a lot to a teams momentum. 

I was at game 1 and game 7 of that infamous Yanks/Sox series.  I hate both teams so much it wasnt even fun. 

Go Rays!!! please. 

• Content Count:  760

As a Yankees fan I don't think anything can be worse than what my Yanks did in 04.  I ended up getting a C in a class because of that ALCS.  Those last 4 games I was supposed to be studying for a HUGE test and instead was pulling my hair out and on my knees praying.

Good game yesterday, the Rays need to learn not to get too comfortable in the later innings, even if there's a large lead.  It's not over til it's over.

Thank you Yogi Berra.

But seriously, this is similar to last yr and 04. The **** ******* ***** ass red sux alaways seem to find a way. The yanks were 1 out away from sweeping, so there is no way this would be a bigger choke. But it would be pretty dam big. Probably leave the perception that the season was a bust.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

But were not leading 3 games to 0, from which (at that point at least) no team had EVER come back from.

well it was the biggest comeback in a playoff game. Good job Tampa Bay.

• Content Count:  701

funny how you still run your mouth while your marlins are trying to decide which golf course to play

the rays will be fine

• Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Not really. The sox are still beaten. That was the ghosts talking.

I bet you thats what the '04 yanks said.  Or possibly last years Indians.

• Content Count:  159

Last night was horrible. devastating even. But saturday night the rays are going to clinch.

Looking forward to a great sports saturday!

If and Buts! There is still 2 games left with our 2 best pitchers! MUNSON!

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

The seven-run deficit was the largest overcome in a postseason game since Game 4 of 1929 World Series, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.In that one, the Philadelphia Athletics trailed by eight before a 10-run seventh inning powered them past the Chicago Cubs 10-8. Depends on whether or not you consider a world series game a playoff game or not. Technically it is a playoff game.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

The seven-run deficit was the largest overcome in a postseason game since Game 4 of 1929 World Series, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.In that one, the Philadelphia Athletics trailed by eight before a 10-run seventh inning powered them past the Chicago Cubs 10-8. Depends on whether or not you consider a world series game a playoff game or not. Technically it is a playoff game.

Philadelphia won that series. Not a great sign for the Rays. Thank God I don't believe in that kind of crap :D

Archived