• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

AD not leaving UCF for Big East: Associate AD says rumors are baseless

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Sorry to ruin your hopes and dreams twice in the same season.... ;)

AD not leaving UCF for Big East

Associate AD says rumors are baseless

Brian Murphy

Issue date: 10/15/08 Section: Sports

The Big East Conference hopes to have a replacement for retiring commissioner Mike Tranghese in place by the end of December, but despite a report in the Newark Star-Ledger, UCF Director of Athletics Keith Tribble is not in the running to be that replacement.

The paper reported Saturday that Tribble was one of several candidates being considered for the job, according to anonymous sources familiar with the search. UCF Associate Director of Athletics Joe Hornstein said Monday that the report regarding Tribble had no validity and was just rumor.

"Keith Tribble is excited about what's going on at the University of Central Florida," he said. "At this point in time, he has no intentions to pursue other career opportunities than direct the University of Central Florida Athletic Department."

Tribble has served as UCF's director of athletics since June 6, 2006.

He has overseen more than $150 million in new construction and improvements to UCF athletic facilities since his arrival, including Bright House Networks Stadium, which opened last September.

The Star-Ledger listed seven possible replacements for Tranghese, including Tribble, Former Big 12 Commissioner Kevin Weiberg and University of Texas Women's Athletics Director Christine Plonsky.

Other reported replacement possibilities include the executive vice president of CBS College Sports Network, Tim Pernetti, senior associate Big East commissioner John Marinatto, and Big East associate commissioners Tom Odjakjian and Nick Carparelli Jr.

Tranghese, who will step down at the end of June, has been with the league since its formation in 1979 and was the conference's first full-time employee. He has been the Big East commissioner since 1990.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Awww shucks...according to the UCF faithful, he was their one and only chance to get into a BCS conference!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,622
  • Days Won:  424

Awww shucks...according to the UCF faithful, he was their one and only chance to get into a BCS conference!

No way .... The BE is a horrible BCS conference. Their sights are set on the ACC (don't you know the NC State and UM series are auditions?) or the SEC when Arkansas goes to the Big 12 or they kick Vandy out for not being competitive (oops!).

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

No way .... The BE is a horrible BCS conference. Their sights are set on the ACC (don't you know the NC State and UM series are auditions?) or the SEC when Arkansas goes to the Big 12 or they kick Vandy out for not being competitive (oops!).

Man, you really DO know the UCiFers!

• Content Count:  684

UFiC is actually starting their own conference, so they can compete against themselves and always be the winners

• Content Count:  476

UFiC is actually starting their own conference, so they can compete against themselves and always be the winners

I can't wait to go to the Big East. ::)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Let me know how that works out for you.

Man, you really DO know the UCiFers!

I'm not proud of myself ...... Trying to figure out how many years they came over here with that ******** until scoreboard finally eradicated the loser ones.

Hold your breath ...

• Content Count:  684

I'm quoting you and you can quote me... NOT HAPPENING

Archived