• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big time h.s. players at game?????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

It was a Thursday night.. I am sure a ton of players came out after their respective pregame practices.

I hear kids getting invites to the Syracuse game though also.

• Content Count:  5,241

Maybe they heard the "If youre playin for us, this wouldnt happen" recruiting spiel?

• Content Count:  3,403

Maybe they heard the "If youre playin for us, this wouldnt happen" recruiting spiel?

That would certainly be a good strategy.

If we can solidify this class as our best ever (something we are 1 or 2 guys away from doing, if that, since we already have as many 3-star and 4-star guys as we've ever had), then we can avoid what happened to Rutgers (basically 1 good year) or Louisville.

I think we'll avoid that collapse as long as no one leaves early, but we could stay as one of the best teams in the Big East with some impact guys for next year.

• Content Count:  1,037

There are pictures at scout.com

Adaris Bellamy was at the game which is really good to see considering he was a "soft verbal." He looks like Ray Rice on film. Also many Plant HS players in attendance.

Maybe Bellamy should have stayed home and gotten rest. He only managed 35 yards rushing Friday in a 19-7 loss to Largo.. Yuck..

That is kinda why I like Battles a lil more. He is playing some ball against some good ass teams up there and has Marianna High at 4-0.

Pinellas county is -kind of- mediocre.. idk.. just me thinking..

• Content Count:  1,037

Bellamy sure has a nice highlight reel...

• Content Count:  4,016

Maybe Bellamy should have stayed home and gotten rest. He only managed 35 yards rushing Friday in a 19-7 loss to Largo.. Yuck..

That is kinda why I like Battles a lil more. He is playing some ball against some good ass teams up there and has Marianna High at 4-0.

Pinellas county is so mediocre.. idk.. just me thinking..

Perhaps you should learn a bit more about HS sports in the area and then bring it to the table.  Largo is the cream of the crop in Pinellas, and their calling card is defense-- Mike Marry at LB, Sean Holt, Mike Lang, Shaw...and they've got a nice DE, and one DT that weighs around 280lbs who's more than managable.  Largo went 12-1 last year, and lost in the sectionals to St. Thomas Aquinas.  They have the best HC in Pinellas and just got a bunch of transfers.  His calling card has always been a good defense, and this year is no exception.

On the flip Adaris Bellamy plays for Dunedin....who's usually decent, but Bellamy is much more of the 'entire team' there, and is counted on for everything. That will get them through their district, more than likely, where they'll face Largo again.  Dunedin's offense is Adaris every play.

Also, I would contest that Pinellas has more great athletes, or as many great athletes in the county, then anywhere in FL with the exception of Dade.  The problem with Pinellas is the lack of money in the school systems and their inability to properly fund and facility extra-curricular sports.  Pinellas is just as poor as Dade County, but Dade at least puts money into their athletic programs and coaches- this stereotype is primarily for South and Central Pinellas where the great concentration of talent exists.  Largo's Rick Rodriguez is one of the few great coaches in the entire county. 

So Bellamy is going against great athletes, just not great programs.  His team faced the one big time program in Pinellas lately and that is Largo, and they stuffed him.  If Adaris was on Largo he'd go for 2500 yards this season.  Remember he rushed for 2000 last year and had over 100 one game against Largo last year.

Battle is an exception athlete, but he's no Adaris Bellamy.  I've seen Adaris play quite a bit an the analogy to Ray Rice is a good one, another good comparison would be PJ Hill.  Bellamy is a big back that runs with power, and speed, but has the lateral quickness to bounce out and hit the homer.  I believe Bellamy is one of the few 'complete' backs coming out of FL this year, he's right there, and his ranking is no fluke.

I know a little bit brotha.. I fixed my original statement, a little, and I still stand by it.

Archived