• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big time h.s. players at game?????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I know a little bit brotha.. I fixed my original statement, a little, and I still stand by it.

A 'little' is about right.  If one team is equipped to stop Bellamy it is Largo.  Check up on my man Rodriguez, one of the longest tenured coaches in Pinellas, and his team went 12-1 last year.  This year he's got 3-4 Division 1 recruits on defense alone.  Bellamy probably doesn't have one with him on the offense- one man show. 

Battles can't even hold Bellamy's jock strap as a pure RB.  Most agree that Bellamy is one of the top 5 all-around backs in FL and that's saying a lot with a deep RB class in FL.  If Bellamy makes it on campus Battle will be at slot or DB before fall practice concludes.

BTW, do you know what Division Marrianna plays in?  They're 2A, and Dunedin plays 5A in Pinellas.  The talent differential from what Battles sees to what Bellamy sees isn't even comparable.  Bellamy has about 15 1-A players he plays against each year, the Pinellas teams might be weak because of socio-economic issues that plague the area, but the talent is there with guys like Marry, Forte, Jacquez Jenkins, Wynn, Bellamy, Mike Holmes, and way more.

• Content Count:  622

I know a little bit brotha.. I fixed my original statement, a little, and I still stand by it.

A 'little' is about right.  If one team is equipped to stop Bellamy it is Largo.  Check up on my man Rodriguez, one of the longest tenured coaches in Pinellas, and his team went 12-1 last year.  This year he's got 3-4 Division 1 recruits on defense alone.   Bellamy probably doesn't have one with him on the offense- one man show. 

Battles can't even hold Bellamy's jock strap as a pure RB.  Most agree that Bellamy is one of the top 5 all-around backs in FL and that's saying a lot with a deep RB class in FL.  If Bellamy makes it on campus Battle will be at slot or DB before fall practice concludes.

BTW, do you know what Division Marrianna plays in?  They're 2A, and Dunedin plays 5A in Pinellas.  The talent differential from what Battles sees to what Bellamy sees isn't even comparable.  Bellamy has about 15 1-A players he plays against each year, the Pinellas teams might be weak because of socio-economic issues that plague the area, but the talent is there with guys like Marry, Forte, Jacquez Jenkins, Wynn, Bellamy, Mike Holmes, and way more.

That would be class, not division. And Madison County is 2A also. They would run all over the Pinellas County all star team. You must coach down there because you really turned it into something personal. I was making a general statement and you took it to the extreme. Hell yeah there is a lot of talent in Pinellas. But it is spread out. There are a few good coaches. Rodriguez and some others.. All i was saying was for some "super star" RB to manage 35 yards in a big local rivalry game is terrible.

Not only does Bellamy run a one man show... Battles team Marianna graduated 19 starters from last years team so theres a lot on him also. Marianna hasnt played anyone great yet but the quality and way they play up there is better.

• Content Count:  1,037

I think Bellamy is a better RB than Battles. But we have many power running backs (Ford, Taylor, Plancher, Demetrius Murray, etc.) right now. I'm more excited about Battles' potential. He's more of a speed guy who could be used as a change of pace to the power RBs we have. Per ESPN 150 Battles will more than likely stay on the offensive of the ball.  

I look at the UF RBs, and they are all freakishly fast players (Demps, Harvin, and Rainey are all track stars). I hope Battles is that type of player USF has been missing.

• Content Count:  4,016

A 'little' is about right.  If one team is equipped to stop Bellamy it is Largo.  Check up on my man Rodriguez, one of the longest tenured coaches in Pinellas, and his team went 12-1 last year.  This year he's got 3-4 Division 1 recruits on defense alone.   Bellamy probably doesn't have one with him on the offense- one man show. 

That would be class, not division. And Madison County is 2A also. They would run all over the Pinellas County all star team. You must coach down there because you really turned it into something personal. I was making a general statement and you took it to the extreme. Hell yeah there is a lot of talent in Pinellas. But it is spread out. There are a few good coaches. Rodriguez and some others.. All i was saying was for some "super star" RB to manage 35 yards in a big local rivalry game is terrible.

Not only does Bellamy run a one man show... Battles team Marianna graduated 19 starters from last years team so theres a lot on him also. Marianna hasnt played anyone great yet but the quality and way they play up there is better.

You are talking about the Madison County team that beat Tampa Catholic in the state championship game 28-7 right?  Madison has some very fine athletes, the Big Bend area always produces some very fine athletes, but that is a loaded statement.  Tampa Catholic would probably have lost 55-0 against Largo last year. 

You're overlooking the overall athlete differential.  Madison would win a lot of games in Pinellas, but they wouldn't beat any of the top teams in Pinellas just because overall the athletes are not big enough or fast enough to compete against say Lakewood, Largo, Dixie Hollins, etc...

FYI, Largo is in another district and a larger program than Dunedin.  Largo is the cream of the crop of the Pinellas programs so the results were not surprising.

Archived