• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are you kidding me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

Comments like this just don't make sense to me:

"They came out a little more prepared than us, I think," said Grothe, who was limited to 129 yards passing and 25 rushing. "They looked completely different than what they looked on film. ... It's hard to go undefeated in college football. It's just one game."

It also doesn't help when you have receivers dropping passes like they don't know how to catch a **** ball.

Good teams find a way to make adjustments...we did in the Kansas game but wow I can't believe that we got outcoached by Wanny!

Our depth on defense is really hurting and we need Selvie and Mompremier back.  Any chance we could sneak Jenkins and Williams back into a Bulls jersey next game??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,499
  • Days Won:  13

shocker we were out coached. Im Shocked. We show up every other game or so.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

It is one game. And it seems Grothe has already moved past this lose and is looking forward to the next game. We know he is a play maker and a fighter. I will never doubt his commitment to this team and this school.

Everyone was expecting Pitt to come out and pound the RB into the tackles. They ended up passing like nobody's business.

• Content Count:  645

It is one game. And it seems Grothe has already moved past this lose and is looking forward to the next game. We know he is a play maker and a fighter. I will never doubt his commitment to this team and this school.

Everyone was expecting Pitt to come out and pound the RB into the tackles. They ended up passing like nobody's business.

It did seem like they were passing alot, but looking at the stats, they were about 50% run and 50% pass.  Very balanced attack  Aided by untimely penalties this spelled loss.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

What do you want him to say? He said nothing that wasn't true. We weren't as prepared as Pitt. They did look different than they did in their previous 4 games. It is tough to undefeated in college football. It is just one game. Do you want him to throw out a bunch of old tired sports clichés or would you rather he cry?

I like Grothe because he doesn't get rattled and over emotional.

• Content Count:  5,900

I could be wrong, but I think EX was saying that the content of the comment was the problem, not the comment itself.

Like last year when we got embarrassed by Oregon, they were totally different than on film, they adjusted to patterns they saw in us, but we didn't adjust to anything. I think that is the issue, not the quote.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  3,034

I could be wrong, but I think EX was saying that the content of the comment was the problem, not the comment itself.

Like last year when we got embarrassed by Oregon, they were totally different than on film, they adjusted to patterns they saw in us, but we didn't adjust to anything. I think that is the issue, not the quote.

OK, but when you start a post with "Comments like this just don't make sense to me:", how am I supposed to interpret that to mean something other than criticizing the comments?

• Content Count:  292

OK, but when you start a post with "Comments like this just don't make sense to me:", how am I supposed to interpret that to mean something other than criticizing the comments?

Point I was trying to make is that it seems like "not being prepared comments" are getting old when we don't play well as a team.  There was nothing in the way we played that made me feel we weren't prepared.  CJL said all week they had good practices with a lot of emotion.  Dropping passes, stupid penalties, kicking the ball out bounds...those are signs of not being prepared, those are signs of not being mentally ready to handle the situations. 

After this many years of USF football...I think we all can tell when we aren't going to play well just by the first few minutes in a ball game.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

2 games in the last 7 that after a game public comments are made that we were unprepared to enter a game.  Says a lot about coaching staff.  I agree with EXBULL.  Doesn't make sense.

I also just remembered something else that Gregory said after the Cincinnati game.  He was talking about how our offense wasn't as effective against Cincinnati because their defense wouldn't spread out with our offense when we spread the field.

I am imissing something here because everytime we screw the pooch on offense we hear how we were unprepared for what they are throwing at us or don't have packages to counteract the defense they are throwing at us.  Putting some big statistics on the board is nice and all, but sorry, an OC at this level, a top 10 team needs to be ready and have the team for anything and everything.

Archived