• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Early season Props to QB Coach Gregory...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

...many of us have forgotten that he also coaches the QBs, in addition to calling plays. The maturation of Matt Grothe has been dramatic this season, and I think a good amount of credit should be given to Coach Gregory. Grothe has always been good, but this year he just looks like a different QB. His throws are crisper due improved arm strength and mechanics; he is making better decisions; he has gotten better at going through his progressions and I really like when I see him step up in the pocket more frequently to allow plays more time to develop. I'm not convinced all these improvements happen if Rod Smith was still coaching our Qbs.  Obviously, it was on Matt to get better but he can't do it without good coaching.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

No way! One time it was 3rd and 10 and USF didn't pick up the first down! FIRE GREGORY!!!1!!!!@!@@@~!!#@

;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,472
  • Days Won:  13

I still stand by the statement that Gregory calling games will be the reason we drop a game this season.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

I still stand by the statement that Gregory calling games will be the reason we drop a game this season.

You are not alone. The guys I sit with at the games all feel the same way.

Mind you he has been good. But sometimes his decisions just baffle me

• Content Count:  2,363

Good call--much love for QB Coach Greg Gregory... but that offensive coordinator I'm not so sure about...

• Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

You are not alone. The guys I sit with at the games all feel the same way.

Mind you he has been good. But sometimes his decisions just baffle me

Yeah he calls a few plays that make you scratch your head but every oc I think does that.

The only problem I have with  him is that he calls the dogs off to fast, that could be what hurts us

this season.

• Content Count:  1,911

How quickly people forget how good Grothe looked through the first 6 games of last year. It's a long season, lets save the praise for the end.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

So far so good.  Overall, he's done a solid job.  There have been a few I don't agree with, but thats bound to happen with anybody calling plays.  Good Job Coach Gregory.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Grothe did look good last year, but a different kind of good.  Last year Matt was making more lpays improvising than anything else.  This year he is learning to stay in the pocket and throw the ball.  He picked apart Kansas in the second half and NC State in the first half, something I do not think he could do before.  Good job coaches, and good job Matt of putting the time and effort in to getting better.  Hopefully his decision making stays sound.

Archived