• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Gameplanning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Do we ever run a screen play to a rb? Ever?

Yes, we did to Williams in the 3rd quarter yesterday. That was one of the better play calls all day because it beat their blitz perfectly.

Finally. I was in a tree stand in GA yesterday afternoon following the play-by-play on my phone, and haven't watched the game yet. I hope they work that into the play book more. Last year against RU, we may have won that game with one screen pass.

• Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to think we are saving the "real" play book for the big east. 

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Guys, I am sorry but I have to disagree with you all. The O play calling is at least sophomoric. It is predictable, slow in coming to be run, and not worthy to the offense we have. Gregory will NOT be the one to make us a power that we CAN be. We do not utilize what works for us, there is NO misdirection, and Grothe draws DO NOT WORK!! What happened to the slant passes? What happened to the bootlegs? What happened to the utilization of our tight ends? This spread offense every down does not work, it's too predictable. We need to step it up. Until that time we can only expect mediocrity from what could be one of the most explosive offenses in the country...but not with Gregory at the helm.   The Reaper

Couldn't agree more!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

There is an old saying that "you only pull out as much as you need to win". However if you want to win big, you haver to at least pull some of it out. We were way to vanilla. IMO we should run our offense every game no matter who we are playing. Get as big a lead as we can, and then put in back-ups when possible. We didn't even start running our normal "O" against Kansas until we were down 20-3. If it works, don't "F" with it.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

the offense is definitely better, which is evident with the RB rushing numbers being higher than matt's as well as the interception numbers being low.  however, we still need individuals to step up and make more plays.  we're on the right track, though.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

FIRE GREG GREGORY! He is a terrible play caller. HORRID!

Archived