• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The "Overrated" chant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  214
  • Days Won:  0

First of all, right now, this team is playing like they are "overrated". That can mean whatever you wanted...overrated by ranking, by ability, or just by opinion. However, I'm not sure the entire team needs to take the fall for this...we can start with Mr. "I'm more worried about some guy in the stands than I am preparing for this week's game". You, sir, are SUPPOSED to be the leader of this team and certainly the leader of the offense. The ineptitude of the offense v. the worst team in FBS is disgusting. The play of YOUR offense cost us Mompremier, and who knows whether we'll have Selvie and McClain for this week's game. The 1st team defense should have been sitting on the sidelines in the 2nd half, getting a chance to rest and allow the backups to get some key minutes....the only problem is, the Mr. Not Focused forgot to get his team in the endzone, save 1 Mike Ford td early on. (Yes, I know they got a 2nd...in the 4th qtr)

That brings me to my next culprit. Mr. Carl Franks. CJL says you're in charge of the RBs; says its your call on who plays and when. Well, why is it that Jamar "freaking" Taylor consistantly moves the ball for this offense, when given a chance. See KU game. See 1st series after the Mompremier injury...oh yeah, btw, why did he get every carry til we got to the one, then 3 straight plays we get stuffed and its not Taylor with the ball?? Another thing, I know that we don't want guys turning the ball over, but you know these kids are just human and sometimes they make mistakes; hell, sometimes the other team just makes a play; so why is it that the first mistake ANY RB makes lands him on the sidelines for 2+ qtrs at time, regardless of what else they've done? Taylor fumbles on his 2nd carry, doesn't see the field til the 3rd qtr (which is when he took over...well when they gave him the rock). Next is Moises Plancher...he gets the next 6 carries, fumbles on the 6th one (which we recovered), doesn't see the field again til the kneel down. 3rd back in the game, Richard Kelly, 2 carries 18 yds, but fumbled #2 (we recovered) and he NEVER saw the field again. 4th back in, Mike Ford...he averaged a whole big, whopping 1.9 yds a carry on 13 carries. Good thing we kept him in and feeding him. -- This same trend has gone on all season...in the UCF game there was no rhyme or reason to the carry distribution. Kelly got rolling, then sat for nearly a qtr. Plancher and Taylor did the same. In the KU game, it sure looked like Taylor was getting the job done, though you'd rather give Grothe carries with KU's LBs spying him the entire game. I know you have lots of "toys", but when someone gets rolling, keeping feeding them. RBs and OLs usually work best when they are in rhythm.

And now culprit #3[glow=red,2,300]....CJL. How about holding yourself accountable, not to mention firing yourself, from the special teams gig.[/glow] Outside of week 1 v. Tenn-Martin, the special teams have been awful. No returns. Penalities. And the usual lack of protection on any and all FG and Pat tries. I'd almost be willing to be money that we have had more FG/Pat's blocked in the past 2 yrs than any team who has been to a bowl game. There have been breakdowns for multiple seasons and pretty much nada in the correction or improvement category.  -- Oh yeah, how about getting your team prepared to handle a team that won't win 3 games in 2 years?? KU squeaked by them 40-10. Iowa had a real nail-biter with them too, 41-0. I know that swarming 40.5 ppg FIU defense is impressive, but really...10 pts in 3 qtrs??

uh chief--- CJL did this over the summer-- he has another coach in charge of special teams now

My mistake..but the frustration with that portion of the football team has got to be disconcerting.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And for the record, I'm pissed about these things because this team has a chance to be special...BE title, first 11+ win team in school history.

we've never won 10 games either

I'd assume that 11 is more than 10, right? The point is, this team is talented enough AND has a schedule that (with the BE in a down year) sets up for them to be something special. 10 wins would be nice, but more is attainable and that is the point of a lot of the frustration. Imo.

And for the record, I'm pissed about these things because this team has a chance to be special...BE title, first 11+ win team in school history.

I'd assume that 11 is more than 10, right? The point is, this team is talented enough AND has a schedule that (with the BE in a down year) sets up for them to be something special. 10 wins would be nice, but more is attainable and that is the point of a lot of the frustration. Imo.

let's not assume facts not in evidence---- we're still 4-0 and as far as having this awesome year you want, right on track record wise.

That should make it much less frustrating. YOu may think we are doomed to miss these lofty goals but would you really be upset if the Bulls finished 10-2 this regular season?

So should we not assume the fact that 11 is a greater number than 10? And yes, we certainly are 4-0....that doesn't mean its not frustrating to watch this football team PLAY DOWN TO THE COMPETITION/UNSPIRED/UNPREPARED --- pick the one you want -- football.

As for this "doomed to miss lofty goals" stuff, I'm not sure where I said we'd miss anything....merely I stated that we have issues that need addressing. 10-2 would be a very good season, but if we lost to Syracuse and UConn, would you really be satisfied with 10-2? I understand that there will always be days where the other team will just out play us, or that we may have AN (as in 1) off day and just not overcome it. It happens. Mistakes, miscoaching, unpreparedness are things that can be corrected and that is what needs to happen, regardless of opponent.

let's not assume facts not in evidence---- we're still 4-0 and as far as having this awesome year you want, right on track record wise.

That should make it much less frustrating. YOu may think we are doomed to miss these lofty goals but would you really be upset if the Bulls finished 10-2 this regular season?

So should we not assume the fact that 11 is a greater number than 10? And yes, we certainly are 4-0....that doesn't mean its not frustrating to watch this football team PLAY DOWN TO THE COMPETITION/UNSPIRED/UNPREPARED --- pick the one you want -- football.

As for this "doomed to miss lofty goals" stuff, I'm not sure where I said we'd miss anything....merely I stated that we have issues that need addressing. 10-2 would be a very good season, but if we lost to Syracuse and UConn, would you really be satisfied with 10-2? I understand that there will always be days where the other team will just out play us, or that we may have AN (as in 1) off day and just not overcome it. It happens. Mistakes, miscoaching, unpreparedness are things that can be corrected and that is what needs to happen, regardless of opponent.

I never said that 11 wins is not more than 10. I didn't bother answering your RHETORICAL QUESTION.

just for clarity-- the reason I said let's not assume facts not in evidence points directly to your worrying we may not get those precious 11 wins you desire/expect. We have 4, with no losses. Not that you give USF much room for error-- I mean 11 out of 12 games-- they get one loss and you think they are at that point possibly underperforming. But they have not lost. So those goals are still-- even with your extremely ridiculously high standards of what constitutes a successful season-- within reach.

sure hope USF doesn't let you down-- I mean you bought tickets and stuff. They owe you.

You sir completely don't get it. Too much sun for you at FIU....should've worn the hat in the first half too.  Going into this season, I'm sure if you asked this team what their goal was, it was to win the BE. Plain and simple. Most of the fans out there would agree to that being the goal, imo. However, at 4-0, with the entire rest of the conference appearing to be in a down year, why is it wrong to add to that BE title goal that of 10, 11, 12, 13 wins?? If they go 4-8, I'm still going to be at every game....I'm still going to have season tix next year....I'm still going to be a "fan". Obviously I don't believe you or I or anyone else thinks this team is going 0-8 down the stretch...just stating that you are making ascertions that simply aren't true, based solely on the fact that imo this team, this year, with this schedule, COULD win that many games.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

We are overrated....  Based on how we have played against lesser teams two of the past three weeks.

We can prove we belong with wins this weekend and next week.  IF we take care of NC State and Pitt, we will show we belong...

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf will have their hands fulla against  nc st

Archived