• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The "Overrated" chant

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

maybe Leavitt should work on his motivation skills since his teams always play down to their competition.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  52

When I was younger and Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat ruled the arcades, you would occasionally meet a competitor who was talented enough that you could never or barely touch them as they pummeled you. Occasionally, when you got a hit in--despite still being beaten handily--you would say "At least it wasn't a flawless victory!"

This is my analogy for chanting "overrated" in a game you lose.

great analogy...if we could just get a awsome finishing move to really destroy the other teams

• Content Count:  136

We won the game!! We are 4-0!! Who cares what they chant! An overrated chant means they have REPSECT that they are hanging with a team that is supposed to be good. Di we play like crap? YES.....Did our defense shut them down for the majority of the game? YES! This was huge game for FIU..new stadium, playing against a state foe! 

This weeks goals...

1)Correct the fumbles

2) Have a plan for NC State

3) Take one game at a time

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  2,461

I really hate that **** chant. I could see FIU chanting it IF they would of beat USF. However, they lost, so why in the hell even say anything!

Maybe because it's true ? ? ?

I understand that chant is meaningless, and I hate it when our fans chanted it against Kansas (or WVU last year)...

But in this case, it's clearly true.  USF is not a Top 12 team... I don't know if we're really a Top 25 team.

I think you need to back off the ledge, man.

• Content Count:  172

We will be 8-4. L to NC State, pitt, ville, and cincy.

If we keep playing as good as who we are playing we will start loosing.

I think we need to do something about Gregory if we want to go to the next level... a BEast title.

• Content Count:  2,307

I was chanting it at the game last night.  We ARE over-rated.

I was very angry and was saying the same thing... We have NOT played like a top 15 team...

We need to play better!!

• Content Count:  2,461

I've heard of live and die with each game... But some people on this board (ok most people on this board) are over the top.

I bet they thought we were on our way to a 3 win season last year after Elon.

• Content Count:  214

First of all, right now, this team is playing like they are "overrated". That can mean whatever you wanted...overrated by ranking, by ability, or just by opinion. However, I'm not sure the entire team needs to take the fall for this...we can start with Mr. "I'm more worried about some guy in the stands than I am preparing for this week's game". You, sir, are SUPPOSED to be the leader of this team and certainly the leader of the offense. The ineptitude of the offense v. the worst team in FBS is disgusting. The play of YOUR offense cost us Mompremier, and who knows whether we'll have Selvie and McClain for this week's game. The 1st team defense should have been sitting on the sidelines in the 2nd half, getting a chance to rest and allow the backups to get some key minutes....the only problem is, the Mr. Not Focused forgot to get his team in the endzone, save 1 Mike Ford td early on. (Yes, I know they got a 2nd...in the 4th qtr)

That brings me to my next culprit. Mr. Carl Franks. CJL says you're in charge of the RBs; says its your call on who plays and when. Well, why is it that Jamar "freaking" Taylor consistantly moves the ball for this offense, when given a chance. See KU game. See 1st series after the Mompremier injury...oh yeah, btw, why did he get every carry til we got to the one, then 3 straight plays we get stuffed and its not Taylor with the ball?? Another thing, I know that we don't want guys turning the ball over, but you know these kids are just human and sometimes they make mistakes; hell, sometimes the other team just makes a play; so why is it that the first mistake ANY RB makes lands him on the sidelines for 2+ qtrs at time, regardless of what else they've done? Taylor fumbles on his 2nd carry, doesn't see the field til the 3rd qtr (which is when he took over...well when they gave him the rock). Next is Moises Plancher...he gets the next 6 carries, fumbles on the 6th one (which we recovered), doesn't see the field again til the kneel down. 3rd back in the game, Richard Kelly, 2 carries 18 yds, but fumbled #2 (we recovered) and he NEVER saw the field again. 4th back in, Mike Ford...he averaged a whole big, whopping 1.9 yds a carry on 13 carries. Good thing we kept him in and feeding him. -- This same trend has gone on all season...in the UCF game there was no rhyme or reason to the carry distribution. Kelly got rolling, then sat for nearly a qtr. Plancher and Taylor did the same. In the KU game, it sure looked like Taylor was getting the job done, though you'd rather give Grothe carries with KU's LBs spying him the entire game. I know you have lots of "toys", but when someone gets rolling, keeping feeding them. RBs and OLs usually work best when they are in rhythm.

And now culprit #3....CJL. How about holding yourself accountable, not to mention firing yourself, from the special teams gig. Outside of week 1 v. Tenn-Martin, the special teams have been awful. No returns. Penalities. And the usual lack of protection on any and all FG and Pat tries. I'd almost be willing to be money that we have had more FG/Pat's blocked in the past 2 yrs than any team who has been to a bowl game. There have been breakdowns for multiple seasons and pretty much nada in the correction or improvement category.  -- Oh yeah, how about getting your team prepared to handle a team that won't win 3 games in 2 years?? KU squeaked by them 40-10. Iowa had a real nail-biter with them too, 41-0. I know that swarming 40.5 ppg FIU defense is impressive, but really...10 pts in 3 qtrs??

• Content Count:  214

And for the record, I'm pissed about these things because this team has a chance to be special...BE title, first 11+ win team in school history.

• Content Count:  3,403

This thread is overrated.

Archived