• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The "Overrated" chant

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,453
  • Days Won:  19

Finally, a cheer we can call our own.  We've now heard it from those Florida football powerhouses UCF and FIU and I suspect we will hear it again for at least a few more weeks.  I think Leavitt summed it up best: "There's no excuses.  If we want to be a real good team, we need to find a way to change.  To play a team like this an not just move through it, it's embarrassing, to be honest with you."

Being the ultimate optimist and given the absolutely abysmal state of the Big East this year, I'm still sticking with my original projection of 9-4 with a December Bowl consolation prize again this year.  Unless we quickly address the vulnerability of our secondary, get someone on the D-line to step up and help Selvie and diversify our offense with an approach that effectively incorporates our running backs in the attack, we are looking at a long season.  Heck, from what I have seen thus far, I suspect coaching decisions alone could easily cost us three games.  The only bright spot, in my mind, is you never know from one quarter to the next, much less much one week to the next, what team is going to show up.  So, hey, they have plenty of chances to surprise me.  Let's hope we can find the formula for that Kansas third quarter magic and quick. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

Sadly that chant is always overrated. It is used any time a ranked team does not blow out an opponent.

I bet Ohio fans were chanting it when Ohio State beat them and many others. It was a BAD game and certaintly we did not play to the level we should have but all teams have bad games, you cant be up for all 12 games. So the question is, do they get a win anyways. We did.

I agree we wont beat NCST with same efoort and performance but I dont think we will see that.

Go Bulls lets make it 5-0

• Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  0

I really hate that **** chant. I could see FIU chanting it IF they would of beat USF. However, they lost, so why in the hell even say anything!

• Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

While Coach Cristobal was very classy, FIU fans must be the most vile fans on earth.  A little over the top...perhaps, but when they were chanting "********" while Brouce Mompremier was lying unconscious on the ground it was really in poor taste. My hope is that they didn't know the severity of the injury, but they should have cut the crap nonetheless when any player is on the ground, nevermind two players from the opposing team.

I really hate that **** chant. I could see FIU chanting it IF they would of beat USF. However, they lost, so why in the hell even say anything!

Maybe because it's true ? ? ?

I understand that chant is meaningless, and I hate it when our fans chanted it against Kansas (or WVU last year)...

But in this case, it's clearly true.  USF is not a Top 12 team... I don't know if we're really a Top 25 team.

• Content Count:  2,118

well, just in my opinion. the losing team has no right to be talking any **** or chanting anything. excpet we lost.

• Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

Based on play in that game we are overrated. Fumbles were way out of hand. I doubt if we played like that against any top 25 team we would have won. In essence, overrated. I can't wait to see the CJL show this week and see what he says. I hope it was just a case of overconfidence that they have gotten over.

• Content Count:  1,624

Why? Because FIU is THE WORST TEAM IN FBS FOOTBALL! We are supposed to be a top 25 team and we only beat the 119 ranked team by 8 points. Thats why we deserved it

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I agree with Jim on this one and I would have been chanting over rated too.  An 8 point win over the WORST FBS team is PATHETIC.  This kind of play will make it a very loooong season.  Play calling and play against NC State must be better, no excuses!

Archived