• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have never been so disgusted...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

and then their DJ plays music. 

that was the most offensive part... did u hear the ******** he was playing?

although i did hear the beginning of Wilfrido Vargas "El Africano"...  only in Miami will u hear that **** at a football game.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

I too was pretty amazed by the complete lack of respect during that moment.

P.S. - Anyone else bothered by the fact that HOT started playing during "Proud to be an American?" I also am not a big fan of people changing the last word of the National Anthem to "Bulls"

over patriotic much?  When was "Proud to be an American" played?  And why?

• Content Count:  2,478

man i hope that guy is okay. in response to your comment yes at first it WAS disgusting but once we knew it was serious we got real quiet.

NO YOU DIDN'T! Even when the ambulance was driving on the field your douchebag fans still were chanting Bull**** and F*kc USF! YOu are classless, horrible fans that make even UCF seem like Auburn. I hope you never get a win against a BCS team. You couldn't even fill up your own NEW stadium. Horrible fans. Good luck on your next 23game losing streak. Now get the heck out of here.

119!

• Content Count:  1,254

This is quite upsetting. However, we should not be calling anyone's students out because I almost guaranteed ours would have done the same thing. I have just come to the conclusion that students in Florida schools are overall d!cks. I was at the Florida State game last night. Talk about a bunch of whiny ass babies. The entire time they kept chanting "f*ck Wake Forest" when they really should have been chanting "our offense sucks balls."

• Content Count:  17

However, we should not be calling anyone's students out because I almost guaranteed ours would have done the same thing.

I could not disagree with you any more...ANYTIME another team's player is down, our student section is very respectable and we put up our bull horns and remain in silent....and clap when he gets up....in no way shape or form are we screaming obscenities and laughing....

• Content Count:  1,757

This is quite upsetting. However, we should not be calling anyone's students out because I almost guaranteed ours would have done the same thing. I have just come to the conclusion that students in Florida schools are overall d!cks. I was at the Florida State game last night. Talk about a bunch of whiny ass babies. The entire time they kept chanting "f*ck Wake Forest" when they really should have been chanting "our offense sucks balls."

I call Bull-**** on that one!  Our students are rowdy but they're not trash!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

I too was pretty amazed by the complete lack of respect during that moment.

P.S. - Anyone else bothered by the fact that HOT started playing during "Proud to be an American?" I also am not a big fan of people changing the last word of the National Anthem to "Bulls"

over patriotic much?  When was "Proud to be an American" played?  And why?

It was being played to honor a fallen student athlete from FIU who was killed in Iraq... his parents were being presented with a porting of the old track.... HOT started playing... first time I've seen our fans get on the band like that but it was deserved in this one instance.  Mistakes happen.

I know coming from me this might sound alittle strange... I'm usually first in line to jump on people being stupid... but judging from the reaction on the FIU boards they're just as pissed at the student group that was chanting as we were and it looks like they were willing to police their own. Aside from the one idiot here, I haven't met or talked to a FIU fan that didn't think they were in the wrong... We might want to back off alittle...

• Content Count:  5

I said this in the prayers thread last night and I'll say it again...

It pains me to think that a few classless pigs have tainted what was supposed to be a great day for our program. I was in the student section and I can tell you it was not the entire section or even the majority. There is no excusing their chants. I saw Brouce's family on the sidelines during those 20 minutes and I hated for them to have to hear that.

For the most part the game had gone well up until that point. I saw USF fans and FIU fans sharing tailgating fun, our guys were hanging in a hard fought game and our fans were enjoying the new stadium. Please do not see those so called "FIU Fans" as indicative of the student body or the true FIU Football Fans. Our true fans followed our coach's example and shared in that moment of silence and in that show of solidarity.

Here is to a speedy recovery for Brouce and continued success for USF.

• Content Count:  31

I call Bull-**** on that one!  Our students are rowdy but they're not trash!

If FIU fans were chanting that when your player was down then they are absolutely wrong and that kind of behavior is awful. However(and i'll preface this by stating i'm in no way a supporter of anything FIU) to say your students would NEVER do the same thing in the moments before realizing someone was seriously hurt is just not true.  How do I know this...because I've been to a lot of college football games and there are drunk college students in every crowd.  The same thing happens EVERYWHERE.  It's not unique to any one university.  Just last week, Kansas fans were outraged by USF fan behavior.  Is momentarily chanting BS when a player goes down worse then intimidating and cursing at female KU fans or throwing beer bottles at the visitor's section? 

Unfortunately, every team has it's share of idiot fans, so everyone just needs to get over themselves.  I'm tired or reading every week on every message board how classless and trashy every team's fanbase is.

More importantly...I hope your player is OK.

Archived