• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

I have never been so disgusted...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Windbane, if you had ANY clue what Patiotism is you would shut the hell up. It's because of kids like this one that we're allowed to voice an opinion freely. Just like I can tell you what an ass I think you are for questioning anyone being patriotic.

Ever lost a friend or family in a war? I have. You owe them thanks, not stupid comments.

HOT - no excuse what-so-ever for not knowing what's going on. That ranks right up there with FIU chanting when someone is hurt.

I asked why the song was being played.  Apparently our band didn't know either.  Chill out.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  292

Just heard "L-S-U" when an Auburn player was down... so, obviously this isn't restricted to any one university

exactly..  this **** happens everywhere esp when you drink too much whiskey.

• Content Count:  3,403

I too was pretty amazed by the complete lack of respect during that moment.

P.S. - Anyone else bothered by the fact that HOT started playing during "Proud to be an American?" I also am not a big fan of people changing the last word of the National Anthem to "Bulls"

over patriotic much?  When was "Proud to be an American" played?  And why?

It's not "over patriotic".  It's called good upbringing.  To show respect to your country and to those who sacrificed for it may seem corny to some and an opportunity to call attention to themselves by cutting up.  Those are usually the ones who never bothered to serve their country.  Or just didn't have the upbringing that we "over patriotic" people had.

Hats off, hands over heart, mouth shut unless you are singing during the national anthem.  I have told people to remove their hats when they leave them on and have never had a negative reaction from them.  Some just need reminding.  We are at war now and whether or not you support it, support those kids sacrificing over there by showing respect to what they are fighting for.

No where in the national anthem is the word "Bulls".  And USF is not more important than the country, so leave it out.

I know this is not a popular position and may seem archaic.  I really don't care.  Deal with it.

To me, it depends on the context of the song being played.  If I'd known the reason, as I do now, I would not have said it was over patriotic.  That's why I asked why it was being played.  The poster gave no context and lumped it with saying Bulls instead of Brave.  Braves fan add an "s."  I don't see that as anti-patriotic.  I see it was overly patriotic if you are upset about it.

If I'm walking down the street and somebody starts humming a patriotic song, I'm not going to remove my hat.  It's not always appropriate.  I do remove my hat for the national anthem, but I'm not going to go around telling everyone else to.  It's played at EVERY sporting event.  Saying the pledge of allegiance every day in school is even worse, because if you do something every day as a ritual it begins to lose meaning.  I'm all for God Bless America and all the other patriotic songs if they are used appropriately.

Was it on this board or somewhere else that I read that a guy wanted to go use the bathroom at yankee stadium when they were playing God Bless America but he wasn't allowed to?  That's over the top.

• Content Count:  1,254

I don't know if this was posted, if it was I'm sorry.  But what the heck were they thinking when they were honoring a solider by playing God Bless America, our band starts playing music?  A little disrespectful in my eyes.

It was Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA... and I don't think they realized what was going on.

A band apologist? That's a new one. Or rather I thought it was the job of the Bulls 8_va.

I think playing over the home team's honoring of a fallen soldier is an unintentional blunder by the band. But, their director or whomever starts/stops the band should have been more aware. Don't repremand him/her, but make sure he/she knows they messed up.

I think finding yelling "bulls" at the end of the national anthem disrespectful is a bit of a stretch. Besides, "bulls" and "brave" are synonymous!

I don't know if this was posted, if it was I'm sorry.  But what the heck were they thinking when they were honoring a solider by playing God Bless America, our band starts playing music?  A little disrespectful in my eyes.

It was Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA... and I don't think they realized what was going on.

A band apologist? That's a new one. Or rather I thought it was the job of the Bull_8eva.

Not really, I just think after the applause they heard music on the PA... not putting 2 and 2 together.  It was wrong for them to play and it seemed like USF fans tried to get them to stop.

Although a lot of USF fans were singing along with Lee...

Archived