• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I have never been so disgusted...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

It seems to me, the students that are causing the trouble should be policed by their peers. Look at what has happened to us after the actions of some a holes at our own camp. New tailgating policies, more security all due to the actions of some drunk punks who can't handle a beer. NOW we have to wait 4 hours before a kickoff to tailgate, can't get the cookers up and running to serve food to all who tailgate with us, and can't relax and have fun because of all the scrutiny. You jerks should be ashamed. You have ruined it for all the rest who take pride in being a tailgater and a TRUE USF fan. As for FIU, police your own. See it happeneing, stop it. It was a classless thing to do, but just like our a holes you had them too. And to any USF jerk*** that thinks I'm wrong about your actions like the things you did to Kansas fans, come and see me at our tailgate in the Old Mall. I'll be interested in teaching you the proper way to act.  The Reaper

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8

I too was pretty amazed by the complete lack of respect during that moment.

P.S. - Anyone else bothered by the fact that HOT started playing during "Proud to be an American?" I also am not a big fan of people changing the last word of the National Anthem to "Bulls"

over patriotic much?  When was "Proud to be an American" played?  And why?

Over patriotic? I'm sorry that I get upset that people can't take 2 minutes out of their day to respect the country enough not to change the Anthem. "Proud to be an American" was played after FIU dedicated a part of their track to a former track athlete that lost a leg in Iraq as a Marine.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

P.S. - Anyone else bothered by the fact that HOT started playing during "Proud to be an American?" I also am not a big fan of people changing the last word of the National Anthem to "Bulls"

Over patriotic? I'm sorry that I get upset that people can't take 2 minutes out of their day to respect the country enough not to change the Anthem. "Proud to be an American" was played after FIU dedicated a part of their track to a former track athlete that lost a leg in Iraq as a Marine.

I thought he was killed... guess I mis=heard the PA guy.

• Content Count:  231

I don't know if this was posted, if it was I'm sorry.  But what the heck were they thinking when they were honoring a solider by playing God Bless America, our band starts playing music?  A little disrespectful in my eyes.

I don't know if this was posted, if it was I'm sorry.  But what the heck were they thinking when they were honoring a solider by playing God Bless America, our band starts playing music?  A little disrespectful in my eyes.

It was Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA... and I don't think they realized what was going on.

• Content Count:  1

Hey there guys,

I'm an FIU fan, I actually worked during the game shooting video for the FIU football team.

I wanted to tell you how disgusted I was with my fellow classmates for the way they acted last night. I apologize for the way they acted, and I can only hope that those people learn a valuable lesson about showing respect for anyone who is going through such adversity.

Unfortunately, and not using this as an excuse, there will always be those FIU fans that take a serious moment and turn it into an ugly moment. I believe that there are those fans at every institution. You can attribute it to beer or whatever, the end result is always a classless, inaccurate representation of the student body.

Again I hope nothing but the fastest recovery for your player, and I wish nothing but the best for your football team and athletics department as a whole.

I promise I will bring this to Coach Cristobal's attention on Monday or Tuesday whenever I see him next, and hopefully he can come up with something to prevent this from happening again.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

It's not "over patriotic".  It's called good upbringing.  To show respect to your country and to those who sacrificed for it may seem corny to some and an opportunity to call attention to themselves by cutting up.  Those are usually the ones who never bothered to serve their country.  Or just didn't have the upbringing that we "over patriotic" people had.

Hats off, hands over heart, mouth shut unless you are singing during the national anthem.  I have told people to remove their hats when they leave them on and have never had a negative reaction from them.  Some just need reminding.  We are at war now and whether or not you support it, support those kids sacrificing over there by showing respect to what they are fighting for.

No where in the national anthem is the word "Bulls".  And USF is not more important than the country, so leave it out.

I know this is not a popular position and may seem archaic.  I really don't care.  Deal with it.

• Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  1

Michael Felsberg, former FIU track star, was killed in action in Iraq.  His parents have established an endowment at FIU in Michael's honor that will provide scholarships to future FIU track and field athletes.    I did notice that your band started playing during the song honoring him, but I also noticed that a lot of your fans started waving them down after that.  As a general comment, I found the action of the FIU students under the jumbotron to be unacceptable and I expect better from them.  We are all glad that Brouce is doing better and recovering.  I would hope that he and his family will forgive the nasty actions of some of our students and accept the apology of the significant majority of our fans, ALL our players and ALL our Coaching Staff (all of which showed great Class in offering a prayer for Brouce).  I had a great time during the tailgate and during the game (except for that one scary moment) and I look forward to a bright future for my Golden Panthers!  Good luck the rest of the way.

271-4384101.standalone.prod_affiliate.56.JPG

• Content Count:  1,812

This may sound odd but it seems like this is more and more common and may be a direct reflection of kids not playing sports these days or at least football. I was stunned by the chant and I grew up in Miami and played at about the same time as Marc Buoniconti was coming up. He was paralyzed during a game while playing for the Citadel and his father went on to found the "Miami Project to cure paralysis"

The point I am making is that you just never know how bad a person is hurt when they are down so it is best to remain quiet and stand and clap when they get up. 

• Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Windbane, if you had ANY clue what Patiotism is you would shut the hell up. It's because of kids like this one that we're allowed to voice an opinion freely. Just like I can tell you what an ass I think you are for questioning anyone being patriotic.

Ever lost a friend or family in a war? I have. You owe them thanks, not stupid comments.

HOT - no excuse what-so-ever for not knowing what's going on. That ranks right up there with FIU chanting when someone is hurt.

Archived