• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

West Virginia is a Disgrace to the Big East

smmitty

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  108
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be honest, they lookrd like ****. But Colorado is a solid team and a tough place to play.

I questioned the Stewart hiring, he could be a solid hire down the line.

I still think WVU has too explosive of an offense to count them out in the BE.

Time will tell how good Colorado is--they may be better than anyone is giving them credit for right now.  And the altitude is a big home field advantage. 

WVU has no passing game.  They're basically an option team.  Either White keeps or he options to Devine.  Unless they have some vertical passing game their offiense is going to bog down against any halfway decent defense.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

This is the kind of turmoil that requires some very adept coaching to get out of the mess they are now in. It is comparable to USF losing three straight after the #2 ranking last season. What the coaching staff does right now is CRITICAL for them.

and to be honest-- I don't know if they have the staff to get this team righted. I don't hate WVU or anything like that. In fact the BE is much better off when they are strong and respected. The season is far from over-- let's hold off on announcing them as DOA. They sure do miss Schmidt. And Devine looked really bad in any type of power running situation. They have only their defense and Pat White to really count on at this point. So it is fixable but far from the steady ship it once was.

we'll see-- should make for a very interesting season in the BE. LOTS of teams have some payback they want to dish out to WVU. But I still see them as atleast the top 3 in the conference.

pat white cant throw the ball

they dont hAVE A QB NOR A GOOD SYSTEM

bill stewart is a joke

• Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I'll be honest, they lookrd like ****. But Colorado is a solid team and a tough place to play.

I questioned the Stewart hiring, he could be a solid hire down the line.

I still think WVU has too explosive of an offense to count them out in the BE.

only cuse is counted out right now

because big east teams arent that good

• Content Count:  260

Not to defend WV, but they've carried the banner for the BE for years. Sometimes the marquee teams fall and fall hard (Louisville). The measure of a conference is how the rest of the teams step up. WV falling is giving us the opportunity to gain the upper hand in conference recruiting and become the next perrenial power. [knock on wood] It may be up to us to keep up the conference's legacy of BCS wins now. [/knock on wood]

Believe it or not, it's going to happen to us too. Sorry :( Hopefully not soon, but it WILL happen.

Miami and Virginia Tech carried it for years. Once they left is when WVU took over.

I disagree on your Virginia Tech comment - in the mid-late 90's VPI was significant, but they were slipping and riding on reputation in the new millenium.

WVU was rising and would have continued to rise, and as we have seen how Va Tech & Miami have performed the last few years, WVU would probably have become the dominant team regardless of UM & VPI leaving.  VPI's final 3 seasons in the BE were 3rd (2001) 4th (2003) and 4th (2003).  WVU's Finish in those years were 7th (RR first year), 2nd, 1st (tie with UM).  IMO, WVU was becoming dominant regardless.

As far as Stewart - I have kept my mouth shut so far, I was not crazy about the hire but hoped those who hired him knew what they were doing.  I am now no longer giving him any benefit of the doubt - he was a terrible hire, bad decision.  There is no excuse for not having a scoring machine offense with the talent that returned.  Now that does not mean we wouldnt lose any games, as obviously our defense is young and inexperienced and getting torched in the secondary.  But we should have been scoring 24-30 ppg with ease in these 1st 3 games.

There is no leadership or decisiveness coming from Stewart, as evidenced in the comedy of errors in managing a game as it transpires (clock management, coaches challenges, etc).  There seems to be no team leaders emerging on the field either, but that might be attibutable to RR's style of total control, so the players are expecting strong leadership and decision making from the sideline and they are not getting it.

I am totally disgusted at this point, they basically gave the keys to a lamborghini to someone who can barely drive a moped (tractor?). 

On a brighter note for y'all, I will be travelling up in december to see you guys clinch your first BE crown too.

this may be thundering herds year

sadly you may be right.  they always play balls out against us in any sport, and we dont really care as much and typically dont match their intensity.  unfortunately, i am already committed to travelling up for the marshall game next week too.  i have no desire to go at this point with how disgusted i am with the **** opie taylor hire.

• 2 weeks later...

• Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

What WVU has become this year is a disgrace.  I saw a bit of one of there games on TV.  Pat White looked scared and heartless/

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

WV brings a new meaning to the word choke and are giving the Patriots are run for their money... after Miami left WV was the dominant team on the block and has collapsed to a mere shell of their former self.

I was hoping that Marshall would had beat them this year, but apparently WV has not collapsed completely yet... maybe next year.

WV brings a new meaning to the word choke and are giving the Patriots are run for their money... after Miami left WV was the dominant team on the block and has collapsed to a mere shell of their former self.

I was hoping that Marshall would had beat them this year, but apparently WV has not collapsed completely yet... maybe next year.

UCF will beat South Florida before Marshall ever beats WVU.  (Which means it will never happen.)

Archived