• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rooting for other Florida schools

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  149
  • Days Won:  0

I know a lot of Bulls fans were Gator/Cane/Nole fans before USF had a team.  I use to always root for all Florida teams (college and pro) when they played teams outside the state.  Now I root for the Bulls first, B.E. second, and whoever is playing against a team ranked above us third. 

Do you think its good to root for Florida schools or is it USF only?  Thoughts?

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Only time i root for another FL school is when i have $$$ on the game, they are playing a team that if they beat them it would help USF or the BE, or a team who's fans i despise (OSU/Southern Piss). 

• Content Count:  2,239

I always root for my school first(UCF), my childhood team second(tOSU), conference mates third(C-USA), and then I have a habit of rooting for the underdog.

Outside FIU, who I just want to see become slightly respectable in I-A, I root against all other Florida schools.

• Content Count:  711

I always root for my school first(UCF), my childhood team second(tOSU), conference mates third(C-USA), and then I have a habit of rooting for the underdog.

Outside FIU, who I just want to see become slightly respectable in I-A, I root against all other Florida schools.

Atta boy.....but I root for UCF first...then UF...the rest can kiss my butt!!  I always respected Miami because growing up I was a UF fan and hated FSU......still do.  But liked UF and suffered many UF years in the early 90's...then I went to UCF and never cared for anyone else.  USF is just lucky....UCF has plans and will get back....more so than any USF fan can imagine.    >:D

• Content Count:  573

It doesn't surprise me, AT ALL, that ucf fans root for other teams...osu and uf, LOL  :loser

• Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

As if USf fans/admins don't have plans to be even more successful.  BTW, it's not luck if it is repeated.  UCF's problem to this day is bad leadership.  I can't wait for the near future when your athletics are once again broke from all your spending with nothing backing it up.  That's what i call a plan.

• Content Count:  573

As if USf fans/admins don't have plans to be even more successful.  BTW, it's not luck if it is repeated.  UCF's problem to this day is bad leadership.  I can't wait for the near future when your athletics are once again broke from all your spending with nothing backing it up.  That's what i call a plan.

I bet he was talking about us being lucky with our Big East invite, but what you said is still valid.  UCFs inept leadership caused them to be passed over by us, not luck.

• Content Count:  684

Atta boy.....but I root for UCF first...then UF...the rest can kiss my butt!!  I always respected Miami because growing up I was a UF fan and hated FSU......still do.  But liked UF and suffered many UF years in the early 90's...then I went to UCF and never cared for anyone else.  USF is just lucky....UCF has plans and will get back....more so than any USF fan can imagine.     >:D

yap yap yap yap  get this kid some tissues

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,455
  • Days Won:  13

I root USF first. Miami a distant 2nd. Id like the Big East to do well and root for them usually as well.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

It wouldn't be a perfect season if USF was 13-0 with a National Championship unless:

UF 0-12

UM 0-12

FSU 2-10

UCF 0-12

FIU... I really couldn't care less.

I root for FAU.  I like them.  It makes me happy they should pass UCF soon if not already.

Archived