• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rooting for other Florida schools

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  651
  • Days Won:  0

USF first then ND which is a very distant 2nd now. I never root for any other FLA teams unless it will help the Bulls out. Can't bring myself to do it.

• Content Count:  3,827

It wouldn't be a perfect season if USF was 13-0 with a National Championship unless:

UF 0-12

UM 0-12

FSU 2-10

UCF 0-12

Now THAT is awesome.

• Content Count:  971

For Florida schools we have already beaten (and any others we've beaten), don't you want them to do as well as possible, to help with our SOS and computer rankings?  I do.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

For Florida schools we have already beaten (and any others we've beaten), don't you want them to do as well as possible, to help with our SOS and computer rankings?  I do.

You've caught me on a technicality.  I was talking about a perfect world, unfortunately we need major SOS help this year.  So, I will be rooting for UCF against BC, and the rest of their stretch minus the Miami game (I don't want to hear them proclaiming their God's team).

For the rest of the Florida teams I want them to lose lose lose.  I could help in recruiting.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

As a diehard Dolphins fan naturally I become a UM fan until they decided to tear down the Orange Bowl and **** away the home winning streak which now belongs to USC?  ??? After news broke in 2006 that the Orange Bowl was being torn down I became a Bulls fan and have not looked back since.

The only other CFB team I route for is the Georgia Bulldawgs because my Dad likes em, other then that I only route for the Bulls -  all of the other teams can jump in the creek for all I care.

I don't know about y'all but I find it very hard to pull for Conference teams, which is a must if we hope to have a high SOS - for example I have no problem with pulling for Kansas or Tenn-Martin (Non Conference) to win the rest of their games, their fans were nice, however I find pulling for Rutgers, UConn, Pitt, etc. near impossible regardless of the consequences.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

As a diehard Dolphins fan naturally I become a UM fan until they decided to tear down the Orange Bowl and **** away the home winning streak which now belongs to USC?  ??? After news broke in 2006 that the Orange Bowl was being torn down I became a Bulls fan and have not looked back since.

The only other CFB team I route for is the Georgia Bulldawgs because my Dad likes em, other then that I only route for the Bulls -  all of the other teams can jump in the creek for all I care.

I don't know about y'all but I find it very hard to pull for Conference teams, which is a must if we hope to have a high SOS - for example I have no problem with pulling for Kansas or Tenn-Martin (Non Conference) to win the rest of their games, their fans were nice, however I find pulling for Rutgers, UConn, Pitt, etc. near impossible regardless of the consequences.

I always cheer for our conference teams for OOC games.  They're conference allies until conference games.  The way things have played out I'm hoping for UConn to step up and make a run until we play them.

I like to have teams to cheer for all year in a ton of games.  I need a connection with a team to pull for them.  Big East tie-ins are good enough for me.

• Content Count:  114

I know a lot of Bulls fans were Gator/Cane/Nole fans before USF had a team.  I use to always root for all Florida teams (college and pro) when they played teams outside the state.  Now I root for the Bulls first, B.E. second, and whoever is playing against a team ranked above us third. 

Do you think its good to root for Florida schools or is it USF only?  Thoughts?

In am in complete agreement with your 1, 2, and 3.  As for the other Florida teams, I have several friends who are either long time fans or alumni of FSU and UF, and when I gather with them for one of these schools' games I cheer for the Florida school.  Secretly tho, I am hoping for them to lose!  >:D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I never actively root for an in-state team unless it has an immediate impact on our national ranking. The weaker other in-state schools get, the more opportunity it is for USF to get stronger. Our Lost Boy, STK, actually made that observation and it was the only thing he ever said that made any sense..

Archived