• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Very important polls today & Monday

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

We probably will not get any more chances to impress until much later in the season, so whatever is handed out in these polls this week will really matter in terms of bowl implications.

Of course, we can sit back and hope other teams ahead of us lose like last year...

1) How far will Ohio State drop?

2) Will we replace KU in this week's polls?

3) Where they place USF and KU will really tell the tale of voters' impressions of both programs and what that win means for USF.

...my fear is this: What if the Big East continues to stink and we don't get anymore respect for being king of the heap and end up getting bypassed for a chance at the National Championship? Yeah, you read me right: National Championship.

Look, WVU isn't going to upright itself anytime soon. Forget about Pitt... UConn is questionable, and Cincy is without a QB. The rest, well, they are just trying to survive.

If USF doesn't sleep at the switch, the rest of the season should be solid. That leaves the polls: do we have any respect out there?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

We probably will not get any more chances to impress until much later in the season, so whatever is handed out in these polls this week will really matter in terms of bowl implications.

Of course, we can sit back and hope other teams ahead of us lose like last year...

1) How far will Ohio State drop?

2) Will we replace KU in this week's polls?

3) Where they place USF and KU will really tell the tale of voters' impressions of both programs and what that win means for USF.

...my fear is this: What if the Big East continues to stink and we don't get anymore respect for being king of the heap and end up getting bypassed for a chance at the National Championship? Yeah, you read me right: National Championship.

Look, WVU isn't going to upright itself anytime soon. Forget about Pitt... UConn is questionable, and Cincy is without a QB. The rest, well, they are just trying to survive.

If USF doesn't sleep at the switch, the rest of the season should be solid. That leaves the polls: do we have any respect out there?

1. Ohio State won't drop much.  They are Ohio State and they lost to the #1 team in the nation.  My guess is around 10.

2. We might flip flop with KU.  Us around 13 or 14, Kansas around 19 or 20.

3. Yes it will.

On your other comments.  I wouldn't totally right off Pitt, WVU, Cincy or UConn.  I was going to start a thread about circling Sunday 11/23 - the UConn game.  This, along with the WVU game, could be the Big East title game.  And that is me assuming we lose at Cinci after that scheduling crap.  Cinci lost to a very good Oklahoma team.  Their QB being down could drop them out.  But UConn has knocked us out playing for a possible Big East title in the past.  That time (3 years ago, maybe?) it was up there.  UConn gets less respect than us.  But all they do is keep winning even though they looked like crap at Temple.  And finished ahead of us in the Big East last year.  The only "sure" win is the 'Cuse and probably Rutgers.  But I can't imagine Teel playing as bad as he did the other night.

• Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

Odds are, others are gonna lose games. We continue to win and we'll move up. Agree this is a big week to make a jump though.

It's real early and our goal is to win the Conference and we'll get a BCS game.

Undefeated season will almost garuantee the Nat'l Championship game  ;D

Beat FIU ... BADLY !!!

• Content Count:  37,578
  • Days Won:  29

1. Ohio State won't drop much.  They are Ohio State and they lost to the #1 team in the nation.  My guess is around 10.

I think they will drop to about 15 where Brett put them. They haven't impressed and looked as bad as most would have against USC ... they are not a Top 10 team currently.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

OSU always seems to get the benefit of the doubt.

Normally, playing a #1 team and losing isn't that big of a deal...

but in this case, it should be.  They lost badly.  Right after getting out played by Ohio U.

And nothing about that team says they belong in the top 25.  But being OSU... i wouldn't be suprised if they stuck in the top 10.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

My guess would be 16 or 17.  I don't see tOSU dropping below us, because they are tOSU.

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Next week LSU and Auburn play each other.  If Oregon remains ahead of us, I see an upset alert with them against Boise State.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Well, at least Brett has us above OSU.  That's 1 AP vote.

• Content Count:  498

Auburn should drop in the polls, but probably wont.  Last nights game they played was horrid, they have no offense. 

• Content Count:  3,403

Auburn should drop in the polls, but probably wont.  Last nights game they played was horrid, they have no offense. 

Yep, but it wouldn't matter because they play LSU next week and would be above or below us based on that game regardless; same with LSU.

Archived