• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Status on Taylor and Mompremier

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  52
  • Days Won:  0

im almost tired of RB by committee.  We need to get a starting running back and let him get some momentum going.  Its hard to get it going when you know you might only get one carry in a series.

• Content Count:  1,633

There's nothing wrong with a committee, as long as that committee consists of Ford and Taylor. If each of them could get 10-15 carries and limit Grothe to about 10 carries, it would keep both rb's and Matt fresh along with opening up the downfield passing game.

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It looks like the only 100% backs are Williams and Planchard. Ford ran once and pulled himself out and he limped back to the sidelines. They have an extra day between games, lets keep our fingers crossed.

• Content Count:  3,403

Taylor is our best back.  Been saying it since I saw the footage of him from the Alabama scrimmage game and how much they raved about him.  Talk to any bama fan and they'll tell you they were extremely high on Taylor.  He's got speed, power and agility that no one else on this team has in abundance.  In fact, he's easily a step above Ford.  Ford is a good RB, but Taylor is "special" and if you gave him the ball 20-25 times a game, he'd be among the nation's leaders in rushing. 

The entire last season, Ford looked special and Taylor looked average.  Taylor looks faster this year, but let's wait until Ford's ankle heals before writing him off.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It looks like the only 100% backs are Williams and Planchard. Ford ran once and pulled himself out and he limped back to the sidelines. They have an extra day between games, lets keep our fingers crossed.

I don't think Benji is 100%. He wasn't out there much, and when he was, not carrying the ball. Might be having trouble making cuts.

What about Kelly, did I miss an injury on him?

• Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I don't think Benji is 100%. He wasn't out there much, and when he was, not carrying the ball. Might be having trouble making cuts.

What about Kelly, did I miss an injury on him?

He went down, leg and left by his own power late in the game. Maybe it was only a cramp. 

Archived