• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I agree to a minor extent that non-Saturday games suck.  I think USF should play 1 or a maximum of 2 of these games.  With only 1 being at home.

As a fan I think it sucks having to negotiate going to games during the week.  I can handle it once a year, but 3 times this year is ridiculous.  Hopefully we wont have to do this for long.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Without Friday night games to watch...I'd have to take my wife out to dinner at a place without TV's and wet naps....  :o

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

How many people watched Rutgers/UNC last night because it was the game to see on Thursday night?

Show of hands?

I know I did... and that's why we play them.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

How many people watched Rutgers/UNC last night because it was the game to see on Thursday night?

Show of hands?

I know I did... and that's why we play them.

I love that I get to watch good football other than Saturday.  I can't wait for Tuesday and Wednesday night football!

I just don't want USF to play more than 1 home and 1 away on off nights.

• Content Count:  2,363

I prefer whatever gets us on TV (within reason). Even if "most people" Aren't watching football on a Friday night, it's still a lot more than would see us if we played Saturday night with no TV coverage. And of course, as an out-of-stater, TV's crucial for me.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

That hates these non-Saturday games. I mean it is great that they are nationally televised, but unless you are a fan of either team or die hard CFB fan, who is sitting around on a Friday watching college football?

There would be so much more attention if we got to play on Saturdays on TV. I mean Sunday night against UConn. Everyone will be watching the NFL. Not to mention we will get no exposure on College Football Live for our biggest game of the year because it would have already taken place.

I agree I would rather of had tonight's game on Saturday and also think that if it would had been on Saturday then Ray Jay would of been sold out very easy. 4 people that wanted to go but couldn't had to cancel on me for tonight's game, and I could barely make it myself.

I think this has something to do with the Buc's schedule in some way, after all Sunday is their home opener and I bet they wanted us to play on Friday or Thursday so that the field is pristine for them.

• Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

it is great publiciity for schools to play on friday and be only game on tv

it hurts people that live out of town and want to attend games

from my bedroom in  beverly hills i love it- i order 4 racks of beef ribs.one for me and one for each of my dogs AND we are all happy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Four games not on Saturday is a bit much.  And how does Rutgers get a Thursday game after a weekend off and we get 2 Thursday games following Saturday games?  Just make all the games on Thursdays and give the kids a full week off.  Cinci away on Thursday following Louisville away the previous Saturday is a recipe for disaster - whether the Cinci starting QB is back or not.

• Content Count:  277

The best thing about a Friday night game is being able to watch our score scroll along the bottom of every Saturday game...all day long.

• Content Count:  377

That hates these non-Saturday games. I mean it is great that they are nationally televised, but unless you are a fan of either team or die hard CFB fan, who is sitting around on a Friday watching college football?

There would be so much more attention if we got to play on Saturdays on TV. I mean Sunday night against UConn. Everyone will be watching the NFL. Not to mention we will get no exposure on College Football Live for our biggest game of the year because it would have already taken place.

I love having non Saturday games because I get to stay at home on Saturday and 20 other games instead of tailgating and going to our game.

Archived