• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Am I the only one?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

That hates these non-Saturday games. I mean it is great that they are nationally televised, but unless you are a fan of either team or die hard CFB fan, who is sitting around on a Friday watching college football?

There would be so much more attention if we got to play on Saturdays on TV. I mean Sunday night against UConn. Everyone will be watching the NFL. Not to mention we will get no exposure on College Football Live for our biggest game of the year because it would have already taken place.

• Content Count:  12,293

we will clearly have more people watching our game tomorrow then on saturday.

yea more people watch college football on saturday but there is also 15 other games for them to watch.  not too mention the millions of people around the country that are ATTENDING games.

That hates these non-Saturday games. I mean it is great that they are nationally televised, but unless you are a fan of either team or die hard CFB fan, who is sitting around on a Friday watching college football?

There would be so much more attention if we got to play on Saturdays on TV. I mean Sunday night against UConn. Everyone will be watching the NFL. Not to mention we will get no exposure on College Football Live for our biggest game of the year because it would have already taken place.

I don't think this is the case...

1) No other CFB fans are heading to their respective games/tailgates other than some die hards and family members for a few road games...

2) No other CFB games to dilute the TV watching audience.

My guess is the number of fans watching on a Friday night is higher than the number watching Saturday afternoon...

Matt said what I said, but better... read his post.

• Content Count:  5,244
  • Days Won:  2

i sure as hell don't want to compete with the USC/OSU  matchup on Saturday.

and i personally like Bulls' games on Fridays because it lets me spend all day Saturday watching other games.

last Saturday i missed OU/UC and Miami/UF because i had to head out to Whorelando.

only thing i don't like about Friday games is that i live right down the street from Manatee High here in Bradenton and don't mind catching some HS ball.

• Content Count:  115

i sure as hell don't want to compete with the USC/OSU  matchup on Saturday.

and i personally like Bulls' games on Fridays because it lets me spend all day Saturday watching other games.

last Saturday i missed OU/UC and Miami/UF because i had to head out to Whorelando.

only thing i don't like about Friday games is that i live right down the street from Manatee High here in Bradenton and don't mind catching some HS ball.

Bully you will have to track my tailgate down on Saturday games, we do it right with the directv dish and all the football you can handle in the old mall parking lot.

• Content Count:  114

I am fairly certain that there is no NFL night game on that Sunday...so we will be the only football on TV.

• Content Count:  114

I am fairly certain that there is no NFL night game on that Sunday...so we will be the only football on TV.

...nope, I was wrong...it is the Colts v. the Chargers at 8:15

Which prior to week 1 was huge. May still be when the time comes, but the Chargers will struggle without Merriman.

Which prior to week 1 was huge. May still be when the time comes, but the Chargers will struggle without Merriman.

did you miss the Bears beating the Colts in week 1? They aren't exactly the same old Colts these days--- even if you wanna chalk it up to Manning rust

Which is why I said PRIOR to week 1

• Content Count:  3,403

All you have to do is check the ratings.  Doesn't the Big East break some ESPN ratings record every year recently?  I believe we set the ESPN Friday record or close to it last year.  I believe those were higher than any single game we have had on Saturday.

I'd rather have our games on Thursday because I don't like HS kids not being able to go, but being able to watch all the other games on Saturday is great whichever day the game is besides Saturday.  That's another reason I like day games when it is on Saturday.

Then again, if we lose a few games I'll suddenly care a lot less about every other game so I'll probably prefer Saturday night again.

Archived